APK stands for Android Package Kit (also Android Application Package) and is the file format that Android uses to distribute and install apps. It contains all the elements that an app needs to install correctly on your device. It has a filename extension (.apk). An APK file contains all of a program's code (such as .dex files), resources, assets, certificates, and manifest files.
To install APK files on the computer, we have to use "Bluestacks" an Android emulator that allows its users to run Android apps and games on Windows Computers. It is one of the most popular Android emulators out there. BlueStacks was first released since 2011. Using virtualization technology, It is made to run android on the laptop. The emulator is free to use and ad-supported, with a premium subscription tier that removes advertising options and priority tech support.
How to install Bluestack:
Step 1: Enter the website link "www.bluestacks.com" on your computer.
Step 2: Go to the above link and it will display the download option. Then click to download it. It is only for Pc or Mac.
After downloading Bluestacks, you will be able to gain access to the software. All the games and apps will not be installed in it by default. You need to search for the apps which you want and install on your Android device. Just like a new smartphone, only the default apps will be installed on Bluestacks.
Installing APK in BlueStacks :
There are two methods to install.
1. Run the Bluestacks Android emulator on your PC/laptop and then click on the Google Play Store icon which is installed by default on Bluestacks.
2. A search bar will display on your screen. Click on it and type the name of the app (APK) you wish to install in Bluestacks.
3. After entering the name of the app, a list of related results will appear. Choose the appropriate result and click on the 'Install' option to initiate the downloading that APK on Bluestacks. Once the APK is successfully downloaded, it will automatically get installed. You can start using it on your computer.
1. Search and download the APK file which you wish to install in Bluestacks from the internet.
2. Go to the location where you have downloaded your APK file or if you don't know, search your downloaded APK on the search box.
3. Now, right-click on it, select 'Open with' from the drop-down box and click on 'Bluestacks' to install the APK file in Bluestacks.
Once the APK installs successfully, a shortcut icon will appear on the home screen of Bluestacks. And another icon will appear on the menu. Double-click on either of the icons to launch the installed app using Bluestacks on your PC/laptop.
You can use the app whenever you wish.
BlueStacks is 100% safe for your PC or laptop. There is no concrete evidence that BlueStacks triggers spyware and malware. If you only want safe and legit software, BlueStacks is a good choice for you. It's not a virus or anything else. It is completely risk-free and you can use it freely.