After completing class XII with PCB, there are many options and alternatives and we will be discussing them one by one. Making a career should be decided on one's interest in a particular line. It is said that a person can become very successful in his career if he chooses what he likes to do. For example if a person is interested in singing he can excel in that and make a career as professional singer. So the point is that you have to identify your interest and go ahead accordingly. That is of primary importance. Further, you are putting a condition of not going outside from Goa also and that would make the decision making much more complex. Anyway let us see the various opportunities for you -
1. Teaching option - Teaching positions are available everywhere and Goa is no exception. For that you would have to first complete the graduation in any stream of your choice and then go for B.Ed. and that would open up many possibilities to get a teaching job. Another thing is do graduation and then post graduation and then qualify in NET and then apply for lecturer position in the colleges and universities. If you have interest in research go for PhD after post graduation and then you need not to qualify in NET and can directly apply for lecturer position in colleges.
2. Business/ Self employment option - If you want to be in Goa then this option is worth considering. After some minimal education say graduation you can think of opening up some business unit in the area of tourism, consumer products, wholesale commodity business, general shop establishment, small scale industry, consulting and advising, coaching centre etc for which nowadays Mudra loans are also easily available. If you establish yourself in a self employed mode, you need not to leave Goa. Is there anyone in business line in your family or relations? If yes then you can get some basic ideas from them as to venture in which business unit at the present juncture. You would have to undertake a market survey also before going in this direction.
3. Going for B.Pharm. degree - This is a good option and being in medical sector has a good scope for jobs. After acquiring this qualification one has opportunity to apply for Pharmacist, Drug Inspector, Govt jobs through entrance exams where one would be treated at par with other stream graduates, Medical representative, Production/ Manufacturing of drugs sector, Medical devices quality control, Drug regulation in private companies, Medical underwriting, Drug wholesaler, Drug store etc.
4. Medical line - You do not want to be a doctor. What about Veterinary doctor line, Ayurvedic doctor line, Dental surgery profession etc. They can be considered though they are broadly covered in the medical group only and you may not have a liking for them.
5. Microbiology - This is a fast evolving field and there is a lot of work in this area and after completing a degree in this particular subject one can try to make a carer in clinical research, lab technician, Research assistant, Research scientist, various positions in pharma companies, quality control, health sector, Industries dealing with agriculture/ food/ breweries/ distilleries etc.
6. Biochemistry - It is an amalgamation of biology and chemistry and is devoted to the study of chemical processes which occur within living organisms including plants and trees. It is a fast growing field and presents opportunities in fields/ positions like toxicology, crop protection, clinical laboratory work, lab technician, professor, medical coder, healthcare, pharma sales, forensic science, biomedical scientist etc.
Knowledge is power.