You must Sign In to post a response.
  • What is the best and convenient method to correct spelling error in father name in tenth marksheet?

    Looking for the ways to rectify mistakes in Class 10th marksheet? Know the steps to correct any errors in Class 10 marksheet from this expert page.

    I am from Maghar and passed my 10th and 12th in UTTAR PRADESH BOARD. There is an spelling error in my father first name in my class 10th marksheet. My father name is "Vinay" but it was "Vinya" in the marksheet. I had made several attempt to correct it but all time I was looted by dalals of regional office of Varanasi and my government school's clerks.

    Now, I have graduated from University of Delhi and preparing for UPSC but this spelling error create anxiety. I want to ask , "Will it create problem during document verification? " Or "this spelling error can create any other problem in any other service"

    If it creates then what is the best and convenient method to improve it. In all Identity cards , results the name is Vinay.
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • What is the way your father's name is written in your school leaving certificate, 12th marks sheet and Degree certificate? If in all the places it is correct and in only one certificate it is wrong, you may be able to convince the concerned officer while checking the certificates. Again that depends on the officer who is checking. It is always better to get it corrected. There are two ways. One is to contact the High School Head Master and tell him the problem. Don't go to the clerk. He will tell you the procedure. You have to give a request in writing telling them the exact problem. You have to attach a proof of your father's name like Aadhar Card or PAN card. (Not Original. Only Xerox copy). If necessary you have to pay some fee. Then the HM will forward to board and get it corrected.

    Another way is to make an affidavit. You may have to contact a good lawyer and tell him the problem. He will guide you and get you the total procedure. After getting the affidavit, you have to get the change published in two newspapers and then forward it to State government for getting it printed in the Gazette. The lawyer will know the total procedure and he will guide you.

    always confident

  • If there is an error of your father,s name in the class ten mark - sheet issued by UP BOARD and other certificates and mark - sheets are devoid of such mistakes, it needs to be corrected from the office of the Board with an appropriate authority.
    So the maiden approach would be to meet the Headmaster/ Principal of your school from where you have passed out class ten of the UP BOARD and apprise him of your specific problem that his name did not match perfectly in the class ten mark - sheet of the board where as in other mark - sheets and certificates are in order in relation to his name.
    Please follow his guide line and write an application indicating your issue and get the same forwarded by him. Now you need to accompany the photocopy of any one of the following along with your application-
    1) Photocopy of Adhar Card of your father.
    2) Photo Copy of PAN CARD of your father.
    3) Photocopy of Driving license in favour of your father or
    4) Photocopy of any certificate of your father say class ten, Intermediate or Graduation issued by the appropriate authorities.
    You would be required to enclose a demand draft of a prescribed amount of a Nationlised Bank Included in the list of the UP BOARD for monetary transactions. Enclose all the documents ( Photocopy of one of the documents mentioned above, Demand - draft of prescribed amount and your written application duly forwarded by the Headmaster/ Principal) in an envelop addressed to the Secretary of the Board or any responsible officer on his behalf along with an Acknowledgment Receipt affixed on the envelope so as to reach to you once it is received by the authorised official.
    You will receive the duplicate mark - sheet of class ten with the corrected name of your father.
    The other process is to make an affidavit and for this you need to approach the lawyer of the First Class Magistrate, who will make an affidavit on your behalf and the same would be signed by the Magistrate. Once this process is over, get it advertised in two news papers one being the local one and the other one is the established English News Paper. Preserve the cutting to be shown to the officials engaged for the document - verification.

  • Name, father's name, Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate, college certificates, aadhaar, Pan card, voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name, father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • The normal action in such cases is to get the mistake in the mark sheet corrected by the school authorities and they would give you a corrected mark sheet. Why you are going through the middle men? It would be better to approach the school authorities and if required take your parents with you so that principal would also be concerned after seeing them. Do not believe in the verbal assurances and make an application to the principal and attach a copy of your mark sheet where mistake is there and request them to receive it in their office and then keep a copy with you. Insist on taking an acknowledgement by getting sign of the office person on a copy of your application. This may help you during the document verification also because you can show it to them telling that you have applied for it and would submit the correct one in due course and may be allowed to join provisionally.

    Another option is to go to a lawyer and take his help in preparing an affidavit in which all these things are mentioned and then a copy of the mark sheet is to be attached along with your identification documents like Aadhaar card etc.This legal affidavit is to be got countersigned by the magistrate in the court under his seal and the lawyer would get all these things done. Keep this affidavit with you and then present it to the document verification authorities at the time of document verification.

    Knowledge is power.

  • You need to first ask the school administration to get the same corrected through them; as they can get corrected through there approach easily,

    but, most of the schools are not taking such responsibilities and then you can make an affidavit for the change in father's name in marks sheets; for this, you can contact a notary public and attach the documents containing your father's name i.e. PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, etc. Also, write an applications for the same.

    Visit the Board's office personally or through any lawyer (agent) with original documents and copies of the same

  • Sign In to post your comments