Here are the benefits of the spices mentioned by the author:
1. Tumeric: This is yellow colored spice used to give color to the dishes. A relative of ginger, this spice is known for its anti-inflammatory properties as well as its valuable work as a flavour and colour additive in curries. Turmeric is also for skin beautification. It also has a healing effect. When a person has some internal injury when it is given mixed with milk is effective.
2. Coriander: its leaves are used in Indian cooking as a spice and also to garnish. Coriander seed is a key element in garam masala. It is effective to be used when someone has an upset stomach and its good for digestion as well.
3. Chilly: These are healthy for us and provide us with various health benefits, apart from the taste. These are a good source of vitamin C, helps in weight loss, lowers blood pressure and relieves congestion.
4. Mustard seed: This seed has a spicy flavour. Mustard helps in reducing pain, stimulates appetite and relieves symptoms of arthritis. It lowers bad cholesterol in the body, thus keeping a check on blood fat levels and helping in good blood circulation.
5. Fenugreek: It improves digestion, promotes milk flow in mothers, helps those suffering from eating disorders and also reduces inflammation.
6. Cinnamon: It has a large number of antioxidants which protects the body from body diseases . Cinnamon forms a part of many exotic dishes and is currently trending because of its ability to reduce a tummy.
7. Cardomom : It is a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C, calcium, iron, and zinc, this spice promotes heart health, helps in digestion, promotes oral health, helps in diabetes, helps fight depression, fights asthma, prevents blood clots and treats skin infections.
8. Fennel seeds : This spice is a rich source of dietary fiber. It's a powerful antioxidant which helps in removing harmful free radicals from the body and makes us healthy. It helps fighting degenerative neurological diseases.
9. Black pepper: Black pepper is also known as the king of spices. It helps in weight loss, helps relieve cold and cough, improves digestion, boosts metabolism and treats many skin problems.
10. Clove: These are antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic. They are antioxidants and are rich sources of minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and vitamins and minerals. Clove oil is widely used as antioxidants. It is used as an antiseptic and pain reliever especially for toothaches and stomach pain. It is often mixed with other oils to treat various disorders.
11 Gineger: It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold. Ginger is an important ingredient in the traditional kadha recipe too.
12. Garlic: It is widely used in cooking and it has been used as a medicine in ancient times because of its anti-microbial properties. Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
13. Mace: Mace is the outer coat of the nutmeg seed and is quite similar to nutmeg in actual taste and flavour. Mace helps to manage stress and enhances blood circulation. It also acts as a fragrance, has anti inflammatory properties and protect your kidneys.
Nutmeg is famous for its health benefits. In ancient times, nutmegs were used for numerous remedies to improve health. It improves bad breath, helps detox the livers, helps you to sleep well and is known to improve the texture of your skin.
14. Saffron: It is often used in cooking to give its color and essence to the food. It helps manage asthma, aids in menstrual problems and soothes dry skin.
15. Asafoetida: It is a medicine for stomach problems including gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), intestinal worms and flatulence.Consume a dash of hing on a daily basis by adding it into gravies and dals. Another option is to dissolve some hing in water and drink it daily.
16. Curry leaves are not only highly flavorful but also packed with beneficial plant compounds that can benefit your health in many ways. It help in improving antioxidant defenses in your body. Doing so may likewise fight cancer cells, reduce heart disease risk factors.The best part is that curry leaves can be added to a wide array of recipes to enhance both the flavor and health benefits of your meals.
17. Onion: The onion offers so many benefits for the prevention and treatment of disease that they are often considered a medicinal food. While consuming raw onions is the most beneficial, even cooked onions offer superior benefits in protective compounds, immunity support and overall health.
" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
– Mark Twain