Polymer chemistry is a good discipline from a career point of view. The polymer is defined as many molecules having high molecular mass, referred to as macromolecules. As a sub-discipline of chemistry, It concentrates on the chemical structure, synthesis and macromolecules.
As mentioned above, you want to pursue M.SC in polymer chemistry. So, you can go for that. There are many Institute which offers this course as follow:-
1. Central Institute of plastic engineering and colleges CIPET, City Centre, P.O. Debhog, District - Purba Medinipur, Haldia, Medinipur, West Bengal.
2.Chaudhary Charan Singh University,
Ramgarhi, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh 200005, India
Web:- registrar@ccs university. ac.in
3. Pacific University, Pacific Hills, Pratapnagar Extension, Airport Road, Debari, Udaipur, Rajasthan web:- firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Mar Thoma College of Science and Technology
Chadayamangalam P.O. Ayur, Kollam, Kerala
Web- mascot @sanchar.in
As far as the admission procedure is concerned, It varies from university to university. Some university conduct entrance test for getting admission whereas, some Institute take admission on the basis of graduation marks.
After completing M. Sc in polymer chemistry, you can go for various job opportunities which are listed below:-
1. You can start your career as a production supervisor, quality control inspector and production planner.
2. You may find employment in the Oil and Natural Gas Commission, Oil India Laboratories, petrochemicals engineering plants, Indian Institute of petroleum etc.
3. You can apply for NET and make a career in the teaching field.
4. You can apply for a job in a pharma company. Moreover, there is also job opportunity available in the food industry.
Apart from these, polymer chemistry provides many job opportunities in different industries such as electronics, pharmaceuticals, automotive, personal care, cosmetics, paints, dyes, inks, food, etc.