The author has raised certain queries in relation to skin lightening surgery and I have given my explanation as per his related questions-
1) Skin lightening surgery is a procedure to get rid of the dark patches, blemishes, pigmentation to make the skin - toner lighter. It can be done by lowering melanin affecting your natural skin colour or by the intensive exfoliation of the top layer of the skin.
This surgery would reconstruct the skin tissues to offer an evener tone.
2) Laser treatment is the best option since it is a permanent procedure where the skin is exposed to a concentrated beam of light. As a result of high energy, the excess melanin is broken down and is dispersed by natural immune system of the skin. This procedure would eliminate dark - spots, sun - tanning, dull skin etc. It is applicable for both face and other body parts.
3) First of all visit a reputed dermatologist and ask him the entire details regarding the procedure to be taken up.
Some blood reports would be required to know the allergic condition and your tolerability for the chemicals to be used in course of surgery.
You will have to devote to timing for different sessions as suggested by the dermatologist.
Expense will vary depending upon the area to be chosen for the surgery such as
1) Arms and Legs surgery
2) Full body skin lightening surgery
3) Facial lightening surgery etc.
Full body lightening surgery would cost in Mumbai around a range of Rs 1, 50, 000 to Rs 2,00,000.
4) Some of the best hospitals/ clinics in respect of skin lightening surgery are mentioned below -
1) Fortis Hospital, Navi Mumbai
2) Appolo Hospital, Delhi.
3) Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru
4) Radiance Clinic, Bhuneswar, Orissa
5) Dr. Marwah's Clinic - Andheri, Mumbai.
1) You have to be a little bit careful while taking medicines from the counter arbitrarily so as to avoid any interaction with the medicines recommended by the Dermatologist/ Skin - specialist.
2) At all costs, smoking has to be given up for at least 2-3 weeks before and after the treatment in order to avoid any possible reaction with the medicines prescribed by the doctor.
6) Apart from surgery, there are other ways also to take care of the melanin present in the blood such as Laser Surgery, taking Glutathione injection/ capsules available in the market helping to reduce melanin level of the blood giving your skin a fair tone.
A course of 12 injections would be required to notice the perceptible results.