Lord Shiva is responsible for Layam that is destruction. He is one of the supreme Gods in the Hinduism. He took many avatars and incarnations to set the things right on the earth. By taking some avatars he saved some of his devotees from the devils. The most important five incarnations are discussed below.
1) Tatpurush: This is the third incarnation of him. It occurred in 21st Kalpa and he got into that incarnation due to the prayers of Brahma.
2) Naamdeva: This incarnation in 20th Kalpa. Brahma changed his complexion to red and got separated as a different entity. This is known as Naamdeva. This is also supposed to be the incarnation of Lord Shiva.
3) Aghoresh: Lord Brahma made a black complexion entity and named it as Aghor Shiva and it is considered as another form of Shiva
4) Sadhojat: This avatar is in 19th Kalpa. This is the first incarnation of Shiva. Nandan, Viswanandan, Sunand and Upanadan are the disciples of this incarnation.
5) Ishan: This avatar was manifested in Visharoop Kalpa. Lord Brahma was blessed by him for the creation facility.
Lord Shiva is having eight idols. They are Ugra, Sharva, Bhava, Rudra, Bheema, Pasupathi, Ishan and Mahadeva.
Ten perfect incarnations of the God Shiva are known as Dash Avatar. 10 incarnations of the Mata Sakti known as the Dash Mahavidya. The first name is that of Shiva and the second one is the name of Maata. They are
1.Mahakal and Mahakali.
2. Tar and Tara.
3. Bhuvaneshwar and Bhuvaneshwari.
4, Shodash and Shodashi
5.Bhairav and Bhairavi.
6. Chhinamastak and Chhinamasta.
7. Dhoomvan and Dhoomvati.
8.Baglamukh and Baglamukhi.
9. Matang and Matangi.
10.Kamal and Kamala.
Lord Shiva born on the earth as the eleven Rudras. He was born from Saint Kashyap's wife. In each form of Rudras fought with different demons der to save the people. The names of eleven Rudras are
1) Kapali 2) Pingal 3) Bheem 4) Virupaksha 5) Vilohit 6) Shastra 7) Ajapaad 8) Ahirbudhnya 9) Shambhu 10) Chand and 11) Bhav.
In addition to above Lord Shiva also incarnated in some other forms which are
1. Ardhnaarishwar Avatar: This includes a half body of Lord Shiva and another half of the Mata Parvati.
2. Neel Kanth Avatar: When the milk ocean was being stirred poison has come from the ocean. Lord Shiva has swallowed that but Parvathi stopped it in his neck and that is why he was called Neel Kantha.
3. Hanuman Avatar: Hanuman is also an incarnation Lord shiva and this avatar is to showcase an example of the devotee to the people.
4. Bramhchari Avatar: This avatar he has taken to test Parvathi.
5.Veerbhadra Avatar: This form of Lord Shiva was very terrible, full of angry, hair opened. This incarnation indicated his love and care towards his wife.
The names of other avatars are Sunatnartak Avatar. Saddhu Avatar, Vibhuashwathama Avatar: Kiraat Avatar, Bhairav Avatar Allama Prabhu, Khandoba, Nandi Avatar, Sharabh Avatar, Grihpati Avatar, Brishabh Avatar, Piplaad Avatar, Vaishyanath Avatar. Yatinath Avatar, Krishna Darshan Avatar, Awdhuteshwar Avatar,
Bhichhuwarya Avatar, Sureshwar Avatar, Rishi Durvasha Avatar and Mahesh Avatar