Hanuman is the son of Vayu ( The God of Wind). He is the brother of Bhima, the second in Pancha Pandavas. Anjana Devi is the mother of Hanuman. He is also called Anjaneya.
Hanuman is having many powers even at his young age also. When he was a kid, one-day early morning he saw the rising Sun and thought that it is a yellow ball. He leapt into the air to catch hold of Sun. Indra threw his Vajrayudha on the boy. Hanuman got injured and fell down. His father saw that Hanuman got wounded and became very angry. He decided to go on Strike. No wind on the earth. The strike made the life people on the earth very difficult. All the Gods requested Vayu to call off his strike and gave many boons to Hanuman. Brahma blessed Hanuman and given him a boon that ho weapon will hurt him. Indra told that Vajrayudha will not hurt him and he made the body of Hanuman as strong as a diamond. The God of water. Varuna. Blessed him that he will never get hurt with water. Agni blessed him with immunity to fire. Sun gave a boon to him saying that he can change his size as he wants from time to time. Yama blessed him with no death.
Hanuman is the devotee of Lord Rama and where ever Rama is worshipped, Hanuman will be present there. Hanuman played an important role in Rama Ravana Yuddham. He saved the life of Lakshmana by bringing Sanjeevani Hill.
Hanuman is believed to be an avatar of Lord Shiva and to show his love and affection towards Lord Vishnu, Shiva has taken the avatar of Hanuman. Anjaneya Swamy is worshipped by Hindus and we see him in different forms and call him with different names. The nine avatars of Hanuman are as follows.
1. Prasanna Anjaneya Swamy: In this avatar, Anjaneya Swamy is very soft and when we see him we will have a pleasant mind and he will bless us with peace of mind always.
2. Vimshati Bhuja Anjaneya Swamy: In this shape, Hanuman will appear with 20 hands,
3. Panchamukha Hanuman: Hanuma will have five faces in this form
4. Astadasha Hanuman: 18 hands are the speciality of this form
5. Veera Anjaneya Swamy
6. Suvacharla Sahita Anjaneya
7. Chaturbhuja Anjaneya: 4 hands will be there for hanuman in this form
8. Dwatrimshath Hanuman: 32 arms will be there for this Hanuman. He is also known as Virat Hanuman.
9. Vanarakara Hanuman.
Hanuman is only one but he will be worshipped by the people in various forms as mentioned above.