The present situation has made many people confused and nobody wants this situation to continue. Maybe the worry associated with the present situation is forcing you to stay updated with all the latest information and also in search of some good news in the form of likes on your photo on social media platforms. It's good you understood that you need to stop this distraction to your mobile phone and only you can help yourself to get rid of this habit. A mobile phone is a very useful device but we made those smart gadgets our compulsion. Do not think it is compulsory to use a smart gadget every time. But you need to use them when it is required. I am providing a few tips, and you need to follow them to get the desired result to stop this addiction to your mobile phone.
1. Discipline yourself. You need to be very strict about this. Make a list of things that you should do and should not do and follow the list regularly.
2. Stop all notifications on your mobile phone so that you are not distracted by the alert tone of every notification. If you are not checking a notification, you are not missing anything in life.
3. While studying, do not keep the mobile phone on the study table. On your laptop, do not log onto any social networking platform other than the websites that are required for your study.
4. Remove the distracting apps from your mobile phone. You can log in to all the social networking platforms from your laptop and fix a certain period during which you will log into those platforms. Beyond that do not stay online on those platforms.
5. Make the screen of your mobile phone dull which will help you to keep away from the device. Some mobile phones may use this feature on an experimental basis while many others have already implemented it.
6. You might be thinking that the syllabus is too huge for you to finish and this may be working as a way of distraction. Divide that syllabus into parts that you can complete in a short time. Finish it within the stipulated time and then study the next part.
7. As a student, studying is very important but not the only thing to do all day. Take short breaks during your studies. A few minutes' break to walk around your house with a sip of water is a good idea and during this break do not log into social networking platforms.
8. Indulge in your hobbies. If your hobby is spending valuable time online then you need to change that hobby and find something offline.
9. Avoid studying late at night and have sufficient rest.
10. Stretch your body. Do freehand exercises or Yoga regularly and meditate. This will not only keep you fit but also help to boost immunity. Make it your habit to exercise and meditate every morning.
I have provided here a list of things and when you are willing to get rid of the habit of checking your mobile phone every now and then I am sure you will follow these tips diligently. You may also go through the Few simple tips to avoid distraction