You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Can I become a govt school/college teacher if I am a Homeopathic Doctor

    Do you want to get into the teaching field after homeopathy graduation? Can one dop so without a BA of a BEd degree? On this Ask Expert page you can check out the ways to get into the teaching sector.

    I am Homeopathic Doctor, recently completed my BHMS degree from Punjab.
    But I want a government job as a School or a college teacher. I dont have any BA / B.Ed Degree. Please let me know ways to enter the teaching department in government sector.
  • Answers

    9 Answers found.
  • There are many ways for you to enter into the teaching profession. Already you are a BHMS graduate. If you want to be a lecturer you can think of doing MD in Homeopathy. MD in Homoeopathy is a 3- year postgraduate course in homoeopathy medicine including a year of house job, and remaining 2 years of research and study. Once you complete this course you can join in any homoeopathy college as a lecturer. There are government colleges you can try in those colleges as a lecturer. There are many colleges in different States and you can try in those colleges.

    Another option is to go for B.Ed. You can do B.Ed by appearing for the entrance examination. Based on the ran you obtained in the entrance test you will be given a seat. This is a 2-year course and once you complete this training you will be eligible for a teacher post in any government or private school.

    Even with your 10 +2 you con go for secondary grade training which will give you a chance to become a teacher in a primary school and teach primary schools students.

    Some colleges may employ graduates also as tutors in their colleges. You can try that post. But salaries and promotion chances are very less.

    I prefer going to MD so that you will have many ways to start your career and will have a good future. Please give preference to that.

    always confident

  • Today for becoming a teacher a training/qualification like NTT (Nursery Teachers Training) or D.E.C.Ed. (Diploma in Early Childhood Education) or ETE (Elementary Teacher Education) or B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) is required. Without that it is very difficult to get a teacher's job.

    Another thing is that you must be having some subjects in class 12 after which you might had studied Homeopathy medical course. You can get teaching job in those subjects in primary sections in some private schools based on that class 12 qualification. There are some private schools which pay less salary to the teachers but recruit even the persons who are not having any teacher's training.

    What I would suggest is better you go for some teacher's training for primary levels through correspondence mode and then try for teaching jobs in pre-primary and primary levels. There are many institutes which impart these trainings online. Some of such institutions are Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi; All India Institute of Management Studies, Chennai; Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad; Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota etc.

    Alternatively you can go for Post Graduation in your core field and then qualify in the NET test after which you can try for lecturer ship in some homeopathic college. This is a high end job but require you to go for PG.

    Knowledge is power.

  • For teaching profession, mere qualification is not sufficient. There should be real fire in you and self perseverance should be in you. Teaching is a noble profession it requires patience in teaching and ready to face the questions of students in many angles. A teacher is just creating doll from clay which brought to you by parents. That too present parents are just handing over the children in the form of students and expecting the teacher to form them into a shape. Many teachers are doing now like this. Accordingly if you are really having spirit to take up the teaching profession you should possess a)B.Ed course for Schools and b)M.Phil or Ph.D with pass in SLET/NET examination for colleges. In the meantime you can take classes in nearby schools/colleges by approaching them as the honorary teachers/lecturer. Further you can take up classes from your house itself as tuition to the students in your area which gain experience of handling classes.

  • If you want to have bright future as a lecturer in a Government Homoeopathic College, you are not far away. However, you need to acquire a post graduate qualification in your line. MD in Homoeopathy is a three year course where you will have the oppurtunity to go in depth in the subjects already taught to you in BHMS stage. Materia Medica, Medical Pharmocology, Extraction of Homoeopathic medicines from plant, animals and vegetables routs find their ways in the treatment of patients provided symptoms of the patients match with the drugs. Basically, you will go in the advanced domain of selection of medicines according to the nature of the patients.
    Once you acquire this qualification with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent of marks, appear for NET test conducted by CBSE. By clearing the said test, you will be entitled to the post of lectureship in a Government Homoeopathic Hospital provided you are successful in viva conducted by different experts on the selection board. Hence this should be your prime focus.
    The other options would not appear that much attractive. Based on your 10+2 qualification, where probably you had the combination of Physics, Chemistry and Bilogy, you may go in for some diploma in education covering one and half year programme and after passing the same, you will be recruited to teach primary school students.
    Such a profession may not match you because of the meagre pay of such teachers apart from sidelining your main qualification.
    Even if you are doing B.Ed treating your BHMS qualification equivalent to graduation,you will not be preferred by the school administration since they would prefer such aspirants having acquired B.Sc degree prior to B.Ed so that they can teach Biology in 10+2 level smoothly because of their exposure in this subject in their graduation level.

  • Teaching profession is a very noble and good job. If you are aspiring to join this profession then go ahead. There are various ways available to enter in this field. As the author mentioned above you have already completed BHMS graduation degree. So, you should go for a post graduation degree in your subject. After completion post-graduation in homeopathy, you are eligible to apply for lecturer job in govt homoeopathy college.
    Another option of teaching job in a school which can be done on the basis of 10+2 subject. You may go for a diploma programme which would be helpful in recruiting primary school teacher.

  • Yes, you can become a teacher of a government school but for that, you need to proceed in two steps because to be a teacher in a government school you need to qualify in TET/CTET. To apply for TET/CTET you should either have a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree, which is a 2 years course or have a Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) degree which is a 4 years program. Since you have graduation you should go for B.Ed.

    The first step is a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree which is a 2 years course and the eligibility is graduation in Science/Arts/Commerce. Since you have a BHMS there will be no problem.

    After completing your B.Ed, the next step is to appear for TET/CTET. Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) is conducted state-wise and is a national level exam. While Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is conducted by CBSE to recruit teachers in central schools all over India. After qualifying in either of these two, you can become a teacher in a government school.

    To become a lecturer in a college you must have a Masters degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks and qualify in NET/SET which is mandatory for teaching in colleges.


    "Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

  • There are a number of opportunities are available for BHMS graduates. Post Graduation in Hospital management can be done for the graduates. Since you are an Homoempathic doctor, you can opt for MD course which will be the qualification for becoming a lecturer in the college. There are many courses after BHMS courses and they are as follows.
    1. Master of Science, Psychiatry.
    2. Master of Science, Endocrinology.
    3. Master of Hotel Management.
    4. Doctor of Medicine, Homeopathic Pharmacy.
    5. Doctor of Medicine, Pediatrics.
    There are also many private sector firms which give more opportunities such as in Insurance, Private medical colleges, Consultancies, Pharma industry and Healthcare. There are many institutions abroad which give a good career in abroad. Some of the institutes are Welcome Group, Manipal, Auro University, Surat, AIMS Institute, Bangalore.

    "Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

  • After taking BHMS course, many career options are opened for the students. You can pursue your career as Homeopathy Doctors in Hospitals, Private Hospitals and Charitable Clinics of Central and State Governments by acquiring proficiency in Homeopathy Medicine. You can also do your own private practice. In changing times, the need of trained homeopathy doctors is increasing in every state. Not only this, after this course a lecturer can also be made in the respective colleges or institutes. If you are interested in becoming a teacher, then you can apply for this, but first you should get a Masters degree. After passing the Masters with 55 percent marks, you will have to appear in the UGC NET exam. You will be able to pass it only when you have a good knowledge of the subject, you will have to choose the subject in which you are interested. Initially you will get the job of an assistant professor. After that you will get the post of professor with experience.

  • If you want to become a teacher in Govt school or college or university then certain teaching qualifications or tests are necessary. For nursery and primary schools one has to undergo primary teaching course and for higher secondary one has to do B.Ed. and for university lecturer ship one has to qualify in NET after one's post graduation. So, for each level some additional qualification is required without which one cannot become a teacher at any level in Govt educational institutions. In your case as your core subject is homeopathy I would suggest you to go for PG degree in your core branch and appear in NET (National Eligibility Test) after qualifying which you can apply for the post of lecturer in some homeopathic colleges.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • Sign In to post your comments