To a greater extent, we can reduce the fast metabolism with the inclusion of certain Ayurvedic herbs. Ayurveda uses the natural ingredients to help us in gaining weight in a healthy manner. The weight gain would be proportionate in all parts contrary to its accumulation in a localised region.
Here the following herbs may be tried for the reduction of faster metabolism-
1) Aswagandha Churna - We can use Aswagandha - Churna of any reputed pharmaceutical to be used one teaspoon in the night after half an hour of the dinner. In order to get positive result, this must be used regularly for at least forty days at a stretch and its best result has been observed along with its usage with warm milk. This Churna provides enough Calcium, Magnesium and Protien for repairing the damaged body cells apart from boosting immunity.
2) Shatavari - Shatavari is a herb being used for the normalisation of body hormones and this is best suited to ladies. However, it does not mean that males should abstain from this herb if they are having low immunity with the lean and thin structure. This herb would produce peaceful sleep so that body growth hormone functions at the peak level. This is the rich source of Calcium, Protien, Vitamin E and Vitamin B complex providing the body enough nutrients resulting in healthy digestion thus improving the body weight.
3) Chawanprash - It is a valuable Ayurvedic formulation containing host of herbs such as Gooseberry, Banshlochan, Mulethi, Pushkarni and other benificial herbs acting towards the revitalisation of the entire body. It should be consumed around one tea - spoon twice along with warm milk after the breakfast and should be consumed for nearly three months so as to have the permanent benifit of stronger immunity.
4) Licorice Root - Licorice Root is one of the best remedies for weight gain, improvement of enhanced immunity, endurance and body stamina if consumed regularly for at least two months under the supervision of Aurvedic Physcian.
5) We may use certain spices such a Ginger, Cloves, Cinnamom to improve our appetite and hence either Ginger or Cinamoms are best 45 minutes before the main meal so as to see the effect of herb in boosting appetite. Cloves may be chewed after the completion of main meal.
Other tips -
1) Taking up brisk walking regularly for at least 30 minutes in each session morning and evening, jogging or body stretching keeps the body feet. This will improve appetite.
2) Drink at least two glasses of lukewarm water early in the morning. This will hydrate the system, boosts digestion and improve weight of the body.
3) Sleep for at least for eight hours in the night so that the different hormones of the body functions at the peak level.
4) Avoid stress, anxiety and depression at any cost since this will affect our metabolism in a negative way.
5) The foods consumed by us should be masticated well so that it is properly digested and provide us strength and a surge in body weight could be noticed.