Psychology has evolved as a full fledged subject and now there are many branches in it. Wherever there is a human interaction, psychology plays a vital role. Human behaviour is very strange and unpredictable. There is a lot of difference between the psychology of people in one trade than the people in other trade. Child will have some psychological manifestation while adult would have some different expression. Study of psychology will equip a person with tools and methods to unravel the inner feelings of a person and to decipher what lies beneath. It would help one to take good decisions in one's professional life as decisions based on the psychological studies are generally better than the mechanical decisions.
Before one goes for a psychology course it is imperative that one does some homework to understand the various branches in psychology. So here, first thing that comes to the mind is which branch one has to choose. If you are interested in the area of public speaking then social psychology would be a better option. If you are working in or managing an industry then industrial psychology might be helpful to you. If it is related to mental disorders then neuropsychology would be an option. Those who are interested in health and medical areas or are engaged indirectly to them then health or clinical psychology could be a good option. So, there are many possibilities and many combinations. You have to see your interest, present career, and future aspirations before selecting one from these or many more others. If you have keen interest in acquiring the knowledge of psychology then you can complete it in part time also without compromising with the engagements of your present job or occupation.
If you are interested to undertake psychology course in correspondence mode then there are many colleges and universities that conduct it and you can apply for admission there. Some of these institutions are -
1. Karnataka Open University.
2. Nalanda Open University.
3. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
4. Kuvempu University.
5. Bangalore University, Bangalore.
6. Andhra University, Hyderabad.
7. Osmania University, Hyderabad.
8. Mumbai University, Mumbai.
9. BHU University, Varanasi.
10. Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
11. Mohanlal Sukhadia University (erstwhile Udaipur University), Udaipur.
12. Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
13. Central Institute of Psychiatric Medicine, Ranchi.
14. Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
15. Rajasthan University, Jaipur.
16. Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi.
If you want more information regarding psychology admissions and courses then you can visit some links in this site itself -Link 1Link 2