You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Document Verification Issues regarding Government Job

    Have some document verification issues regarding government job? Get guidance from our career experts.

    What will be the process in the Govt Document verification if Diploma was completed in the year 2017 but due to some complications I received Diploma Certificate for the year 2020. Meanwhile, I took B.Tech lateral entry admission in 2018 based on my TC and Course Completion Certificate for the year 2017. Will it create a problem and are my education qualifications valid? Please help me know a solution for the same.
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • Where from you took your B.Tech. Is that certificate is valid? Are the college and university recognised by UGC and AITEC? If your answers to these questions are " YES', then there may not be any problem. Now your highest qualification is B.Tech and if that certificate is from a recognised university, you may not have any problem.
    But I don't understand how you got admission to B Tech through lateral entry without Diploma Certificate. Is it mentioned that you passed the Diploma in your course completion certificate?
    Anyhow, you will not have any problem in Document Verification. Carry all the original certificates with you.

    always confident

  • No. It will not create any problem while document verification since you have got your Transfer Certificate (TC) as well as Course Completion Certificate. Generally people will have some complications like non-payment of fee, ..etc., due to which those final certificates may be stopped giving you. As you have taken admission in 2018 already, it means you have got some certified certificates from a recognized college and hence you are been promoted to next level of course.

    As you have got them already by now, it'll not create any issue in getting government job. While document verification the following things will be seen keenly. If you can follow the things properly, I can assure you that you will be getting job provided that you have scored more than required cutoff marks.

    During document verification in Government recruitment's following steps are taken in general:-
    1) Those who have been shortlisted till 2nd or 3rd round of the recruitment process, will be called for Document Verification. Sometimes, the final round like Skill Test/ Document Verification will be done on the same day.
    2) You will have to bring call letter for Interview, 10th Marks list, 12th Class Marks list, Graduation marks list, TC, Caste Certificate (If applicable in case of reserved category), Residence Certificate (sometimes), Proof of Identity, Color Photographs, all the other required documents..etc.,
    3) Verification authorities will be checking whether they are true or not and verify the candidature and then generally original required documents will be taken (Dossiers) and they will be sent to your corresponding Employer once it is known that you got selected.
    4) You can then go and join your Employer within the prescribed time and then you will be taking your originals back by signing "Received Copies in Original" on your Office letter.

    So, this way verification will be done and no where they will check during which year you have collected your documents and all. They will be looking only whether you have got the required/ necessary documents with you or not. Hope my suggestions would be helpful to you.

  • Thanks alot for your valuable comments and help. It's really informative and made me feel stress-free.


  • You may go through the following points which will eliminate your doubts regarding the receipt of various documents at a very late stage putting you under undue stress. You may go through the following points to wipe out your present dilemma. The points are as follows -
    1) In your case, you completed your diploma way back to 2017 but the final certificate was issued to you in 2020.
    2) You took your admission in the degree programme of engineering through the lateral process in the second year of engineering on the strength of your TC and Course Completion Certificate in 2018. Your admitting authority was not at fault by accepting your valid certificates.
    3) Your main target should be to achieve at least high first class marks at least 70 percent in your final examination. Some employers would like to see consistency of your performance of each semester. Hence think in that direction only.
    4) Document- verification follows prior to your oral interview with the panel of experts.
    The Incharge of the documentation authority would examine your various documents such as mark - sheets of various examinations right from class ten board, class twelve board, marks obtained in your final diploma and marks of other semesters if final semester is awaited. The other certificates would your TC, Migration - certificate, Certificate of Class ten board in order to verify your date of birth. They may release your certificates after the verification of the documents taking the photocopies of such documents. They may have a different option of collecting your originals which will be released to you through the personnel department of the organisation in which you are a candidate.

  • Firstly you take some time in writing for correction in documents from your Organization. You have to correct the date of passing year for that 2 things you can do.
    1. With help of college you have to applied for correction in your marksheet send all the necessary documents to the university. But this is time consuming.
    2. Directly you go to the University and apply for the corrections in the marksheets and certificate. You have to keep all your attested documents (by the Principal of your college) and submit their. In this way you can get your documents quite quickly in your home address.
    Remember take it seriously because in your case if your Diploma certificate will not be rectified your B.Tech will also be comes under various question and may treated as invaild.
    Required Documents to be submitte:-
    1. All semester Marksheets.
    2. All semester Admit Card.
    3. 10th Marksheet.
    4. Transfer Certificate
    Copies of all the documents should be attested by the Principal of College.

  • Sign In to post your comments