We all know that children do not like sitting in one place for a long time and it is true as they get distracted very easily and they have so much energy in them that it makes them move, run and keep on doing some or other activity. So it is always better to start with some activities that are not only interesting to you but to them and like doing it. It should be fun, active, learning and at the same time teach them something. Here are some things that can help you to teach your nephew to learn and does not find education/studying monotonous:
1. Create a schedule: The first and the most basic thing is to make a schedule for your child/nephew. Itis normal to get resistance from your nephew at first but you need to emphasis on it and make him follow it like an order. After a certain period, he will follow it and this will help him to adjust even in school, playschool and at home.
2. Learning by Playing Games: There are many games that help to learn things like alphabets, colours, animals, birds, relationship, flowers, fruits, vegetables, numbers, signs, shapes, etc. Let them move, find and even group which will make them enjoy as well as learn things easily.
3. Teach then very basic things: We all want our children to knows basic things but we need to teach them the correct way by showing them and explaining them the need for it like washing hands, keeping oneself clean, tidying things, gardening, closing and opening the door be it bathroom, living room, refrigerator, etc, things that are dangerous and need to be cautious like the gas stove, electrical switches, appliances, scissors, knives, etc.
4. Outdoor activities: Do try to engage him in outdoor activities like outdoor games, running, picking or finding things, exercises, which will help to reduce their stored energy and even help them learn and play. Let the activity be at least 15 minutes and not more than 30 minutes.
5. Indoor and one place activity: Everyday schedule one activity that will keep your nephew or child to sit in one place for at least 20-30 minutes and do the activity like colouring, maths, writing, etc. This will help him to learn to sit in one place and add concentration.
6. Story/game/TV time: Keep one time for story, game or TV time where you will sit together and enjoy what he loves. In this way, he will love and would try to listen to you. Do tell him good moral stories, watch some children movies and play some video games that involve children interaction and help him enjoy than always pressurising him/children to study.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz