Custody of child as per Indian law for divorced or separated parents in India
Do you have questions regarding custody of child after divorce or separation? Looking out for the normss according to Indian law here? Check out this Ask Expert page where you can get all the required information.
1. The couple is not divorced but living separate and the husband is working abroad so have to keep the child/children with the mother of children. What are the chances of keeping the custody of the child?
2. The couple is divorced but the child was with the wife and now the wife has married to another person. What are the chances of the child father to get custody of the child if the child is below 5 years?
3. The couple is divorced and has 2 children(one is 6 years and another is 3 years). What are the chances of the father getting the custody of at least one child or is that father has to pay for them and can only meet them but cannot have the custody?
4. If the child/children are with the wife and the father is just allowed to meet them once a week or month and if the father is working abroad, then these chances are even worse. What if the wife doesn't pick up the call and allow the children to talk on the phone, and ask for maintenance, what can a father or husband do to get the custody of the child?
5. What and how can the father ask for his child/children custody? What if the wife dies in the event, who gets the custody of the child. the father or the wife's family?