1. . When should one go for Interior Designers for your Home?
A. If it is a new house and the construction is going on, you can get the interiors done once all other works are completed and the house is ready for occupation. Some persons prefer to get these interiors also and then start living in the house. Some prefer occupying the house and then getting the interiors done. That is the choice of the house owner and his wife. When we made our house we occupied the house after completing the interiors also done.
2. What should be a minimum budget that he needs to keep in hand before approaching any Interior Designers for your Home?
A. That depends on your requirement and the capacity you have. I purchased a house and got the interiors done and the expenditure is about Rs.3.00.000/-. It is in 2006. My brother purchased an apartment and he got the interiors done and he spent around Rs.8.00,000/-. This is 2015. The budget will depend on the type of interiors you are planning. These days to get the minimum work done one has to keep at least Rs.4,00,000/- for this purpose.
3. Should an Interior Designers that you finalise for your Home by a local group or can be from nearby area or what is the advantage of having a nearby person?
A. It is always better to contact a known person. He may stay away from his house but you know him, you can expect good work from him. So go for a known person. If you don't have anybody, you can take a reference from your friends are relatives and use their services. In case of any problem, the person who referred him. Completly going for an unknown person may lead to some problem sometimes.
4, What should be some of the questions that we need to have clear cut in our mind before opting for Interior Designers for your Home?
A. What type of interiors will bring the additional look to our house is to be studied and that can be implemented. It is better to visit one or two houses in which your contractor got the interiors done. That will give you an idea about the workmanship of the person. We should also see the quality of the material that is being used.
5. Where should one focus in the process Interior Designers for your Home, the hall, kitchen or bedroom or should go hand-in-hand during the designing?
A. It is better to get the interiors done for the entire house. If you feel finance problem, first priority is to be given to the hall, then the bedroom and then kitchen.
6. Any other suggestion for a common man before opting for Interior Designers for your Home?
A. First point is that we should not go for heavy expenditure. We should see our purse and then decide. Taking loan and spending on interiors may not be economical. Go for interiors which adds elegance to the rooms.