You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Want a migration certificate from mumbai university

    Do you need migration certificate from the university? Looking out for steps to get the same and does one have to visit the university for this? Here, on this Ask Expert page find answers for yuor query.

    I am shifting to other state so I want to know the online procedure for getting a migration certificate.
    I have downloaded the migration form but after that what is the procedure, please explain.
    I have also asked in my respective college but they have said to take it with Mumbai University.
    also I want to know that is the university open in this pandemic?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • A Migration Certificate(MC) is required when a student is going to another state or University seeking admission in another institution/college further studies. It is a certificate issued by your former university that you have studied a certain course. A migration certificate is a document issued by the University that you studied stating that you were a bonafide student of the university having a good character, completed the course satisfactorily and you have cleared all the dues and is free to transfer for further studies.
    Note: A Migration Certificate(MC) should be accompanied along with a Transfer Certificate(TC) which is Provided from the Last School / College that you attended.

    Q: What is the procedure to obtain a Migration Certificate(MC) in online mode, please explain?
    Ans: You can find all the details about How to obtain Online Migration Certificate from Mumbai University? from this given article.

    Q: What is the procedure to obtain a Migration Certificate(MC) in offline mode, please explain?
    Ans: Follow the below steps to obtain migration certificate in the offline mode.
    1. Go to the Mumbai University which is at Kalina, Santacruz. Enter the university campus and visit the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan and go to the Eligibility Section/Department and ask for the Migration Application Form after paying the fee of Rs. 220 which includes(Rs. 200 for Migration Certificate and Rs. 20 for the application form) and take the 3 payment receipts(1 for University office use, 2nd for the Bank and the 3rd for your College )

    2. Fill the application form with duly signed and attach xerox copies of your 12th, FY, SY & TY Marksheet and approach your last attended school/ College Administration Department and provide them with your Migration form with an application for transfer certificate.

    3. The college will take your TC & MC form and prepare the MC documents which include:
    a) College Covering Letters - 2 copies.
    b) Migration Form duly filled in for verification.
    c) Transfer Certificate(TC) or Leaving Certificate(LC) one original and one duplicate.
    d) Confirmation Letter(Enrollment/Eligibility/PRN/PG Registration).
    e) All attested mark sheet from 12th onwards (Attested by College).
    f) Challan duly signed and stamped by the Principal.

    4. Collect the set of documents from your college by paying the processing fees as per your school/college again go to the Mumbai University, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Eligibility Section/Department.

    5. The verification counter will verify all the documents and approve the documents by stamping and signing it and ask you to pay the Migration Certificate processing fee at Bank of Baroda Counter which is at the Mahatma Phule Bhavan(same campus).

    6. Once the Migration Certificate processing fee is paid, submit the paid receipt to the Eligibility Section/Department. They will provide you with a duly signed and stamped acknowledgement and one challan copy along with you College Cover Letter and provide you with a date for collection of your Migration Certificate(MC) which is normally 15 working days from the date of submission of this Form.

    7. After 15 working days, visit the Mumbai University, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Eligibility Section/Department and provide them with a Cover Letter that they had given which will help them to will find your bunch of documents for the MC and open the Migration Booklet and search your Migration Certificate. It will have two-part, One for their record and second part the actual Migration Certificate.

    8. The officer will stamp on the 1st Part of MC and ask you to fill the details like Name, Migration Certificate Number, Telephone/mobile number and Signature.

    9. Now, you can collect your original"Migration Certificate(MC)" along with "Transfer/Leaving Certificate(TC/LC)" from the Officer.

    Q: Is the university open in this pandemic?
    Ans: The working hours of Mumbai University is 10:30 A.m. to 6:00 P.m. from Monday to Saturday
    For more details, you can contact the University office:
    Kalina Campus: 022 26543000 : University of Mumbai, Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098.
    Fort: 022 2708700 : Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032.

    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

  • When a student leaves an educational institution during studying a course or he leaves the institute after completing the course, the institute will give a transfer certificate. It is sufficient if you are joining any other institute affiliated to the same university. If you are changing university, you require the migration certificate.
    2.You cab obtain Migration Certificate by submitting an application in a prescribed form. This will be given by the Migration Sectio of the University office.
    The University of Mumbai office is situated at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Vidyanagari, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai 400 098. Phone No: 022-26543000.
    If you want to apply online you can visit their website There you will get all the required details.
    The university office is open now and you can contact them on phone and do as advised by them.
    You have to fill the Migration Certificate Form and attach a Demand Draft for Rs.220/- drawn in favour of the Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai and the same should be submitted in the office of the Asstt. Registrar (Administration), You have the first obtain a Transference Certificate from the Institute by filling the required form, along with the fees of Rs.100/- in cash.
    The university office working hours are from Monday to Saturday from 11.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.

    always confident

  • Hello Shah Hetvi, Basically there is a certain procedure to be followed for getting a migration certificate from Mumbai University. Firstly, let us know about what actually a Migration Certificate is. Migration Certificate is needed for seeking the admission in other university either within the country or abroad. Particularly there is Migration Certificate Section in the university and for getting Migration Certificate, you need to submit the application in the prescribed form to the University and those forms are available in the office of Institute of Distance Education.

    But before submitting this application for Migration Certificate, you need to get Transference Certificate from the institute by filling the proper form by paying Rs.100/- in cash in the office (From Monday to Friday from 11:00AM to 02:30PM).

    Migration Certificate Section address in University:
    Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan,
    Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai-400098

    Hence, you need to submit Migration Certificate Form along with DD (Demand Draft) for Rs.220/- drawn in favour of "The Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai" must be submitted in Office of the Asstt. Registrar (Administration), Institute of Distance Education. So, this way you may obtain Migration Certificate from University for getting admission in another college/ institute. Hope these suggestions would be helpful to you.

    Phone Enquiry: 022-26527086, 022-26523048
    Fax: 022-26527083
    Email ID:

  • Migration certificate is a document which gives a summary of your stay and educational credentials obtained during your stay in the university and is a detailed proof of your educational engagements during the period and the other university where you are moving now takes the cognisance of these facts and admits you for the eligible courses in which you are seeking admission there. It is a mandatory requirement and the procedures are already well established. You have to fill the form and submit it with the requisite applicable fee for applying for migration certificate and it would be given to you after the usual time that they take for processing. While filling the form you have to give the correct details and there should not be a mismatch in the data provided by you and the data with the university as in that case the process might be delayed while getting those mistakes corrected and things like that. You have to physically collect the migration certificate along with attached enclosures and submit the same in original to the new institution.

    As per your query about university offices open or not, they are very well open and doing all the administrative and other works as usual so you can get your migration certificate from there on all the working days Monday to Saturday.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments