A Migration Certificate(MC) is required when a student is going to another state or University seeking admission in another institution/college further studies. It is a certificate issued by your former university that you have studied a certain course. A migration certificate is a document issued by the University that you studied stating that you were a bonafide student of the university having a good character, completed the course satisfactorily and you have cleared all the dues and is free to transfer for further studies.
Note: A Migration Certificate(MC) should be accompanied along with a Transfer Certificate(TC) which is Provided from the Last School / College that you attended.
Q: What is the procedure to obtain a Migration Certificate(MC) in online mode, please explain?
Ans: You can find all the details about How to obtain Online Migration Certificate from Mumbai University?
from this given article.
Q: What is the procedure to obtain a Migration Certificate(MC) in offline mode, please explain?
Ans: Follow the below steps to obtain migration certificate in the offline mode.
1. Go to the Mumbai University which is at Kalina, Santacruz. Enter the university campus and visit the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Bhavan and go to the Eligibility Section/Department and ask for the Migration Application Form after paying the fee of Rs. 220 which includes(Rs. 200 for Migration Certificate and Rs. 20 for the application form) and take the 3 payment receipts(1 for University office use, 2nd for the Bank and the 3rd for your College )
2. Fill the application form with duly signed and attach xerox copies of your 12th, FY, SY & TY Marksheet and approach your last attended school/ College Administration Department and provide them with your Migration form with an application for transfer certificate.
3. The college will take your TC & MC form and prepare the MC documents which include:
a) College Covering Letters - 2 copies.
b) Migration Form duly filled in for verification.
c) Transfer Certificate(TC) or Leaving Certificate(LC) one original and one duplicate.
d) Confirmation Letter(Enrollment/Eligibility/PRN/PG Registration).
e) All attested mark sheet from 12th onwards (Attested by College).
f) Challan duly signed and stamped by the Principal.
4. Collect the set of documents from your college by paying the processing fees as per your school/college again go to the Mumbai University, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Eligibility Section/Department.
5. The verification counter will verify all the documents and approve the documents by stamping and signing it and ask you to pay the Migration Certificate processing fee at Bank of Baroda Counter which is at the Mahatma Phule Bhavan(same campus).
6. Once the Migration Certificate processing fee is paid, submit the paid receipt to the Eligibility Section/Department. They will provide you with a duly signed and stamped acknowledgement and one challan copy along with you College Cover Letter and provide you with a date for collection of your Migration Certificate(MC) which is normally 15 working days from the date of submission of this Form.
7. After 15 working days, visit the Mumbai University, Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Bhavan, Eligibility Section/Department and provide them with a Cover Letter that they had given which will help them to will find your bunch of documents for the MC and open the Migration Booklet and search your Migration Certificate. It will have two-part, One for their record and second part the actual Migration Certificate.
8. The officer will stamp on the 1st Part of MC and ask you to fill the details like Name, Migration Certificate Number, Telephone/mobile number and Signature.
9. Now, you can collect your original"Migration Certificate(MC)" along with "Transfer/Leaving Certificate(TC/LC)" from the Officer.
Q: Is the university open in this pandemic?
Ans: The working hours of Mumbai University is 10:30 A.m. to 6:00 P.m. from Monday to Saturday
For more details, you can contact the University office:
Kalina Campus: 022 26543000 : University of Mumbai, Vidya Nagari, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098.
Fort: 022 2708700 : Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032.