You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Account transfer in gram panchayat in Karnataka

    Do you have certain doubts related to the transfer of account? Get the information on how to transfer your account in gram panchayat in Karnataka.

    What is the procedure for account (khatha) transfer in gram panchayat in Karnataka? What are the fees involved? Is it related to the value of the property purchased? What are the timelines involved and what are the documents to be submitted?
    Can it be done online or has to be done manually?
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • Khatha is an account. This is a document which shows the account of a property owner in any civic authority (BBMP -Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike). The taxes paid by the person and the details of taxes will be there in this account. In this account, the property owner's name, size/measurement of property, location,built-up area, vacant or occupied etc., will be recorded. Based on these details only the government will calculate the total tax payable on that property. It is an important document and is required for applying for a bank loan etc. When you are purchasing a property from somebody you should also check this document for accurate information.

    Transfer of Katha from one person to another: The following documents are required for transfer.

    1, Application in the prescribed form
    2. Title documents
    3.Copy of up to date tax paid receipt
    4. Affidavit regarding / inheritance / gift / court decree.
    5. Original Death certificate in case of Kathadar's death

    You can apply on line or manually also. For the detailed procedure you can go through the website

    always confident

  • A Khata/ Khatha/Account are essential documents that are required to carry out any legal muniments involving their property details which one need to obtain from their Panchayat or Municipality or a Corporation that is within their jurisdiction. The transfer of Khata is required when there is a change of ownership from one person to another due to various factors like sale of the property, through a will, gift or death of the current property owner.

    The account or Khata will have the following details like Property owner's name, size/measurement of the property, location of the property, Panchayat or Municipality or a Corporation number, Built-up area of the property, Whether the property is vacant or occupied, Purpose of utilisation of the property, The annual value of the property. Once the account or Khata is registered, It will be calculated and computed to pay the property tax to the concerned department by the person under whose name the property is registered.

    Q: What are the timelines involved and what are the documents to be submitted?
    A: Documents required for Registration or Transfer of Khata are as follows: Sale deed, Title deed, Latest tax paid receipts, Old Khata certificate, Flow chart of sale proceeds, Betterment/improvement charges receipt, Sketch showing bifurcation of Property & its measurement (blueprint)/ Building Approval Plan, Copy of previous Tax Paid receipts, Any further document required by your Panchayat or Municipality or a Corporation.

    Q: What are the timelines involved?
    A: Once you pay the required fees, you may get your Khatha transfer within 15 days to a max. of 2 months. If you don't after 2 months of submitting your application, do few follow-ups or file an RTI to know about your khata application status.

    Q: What are the fees involved?
    A: The Khata consists of two documents: Khata Certificate and Khata Extract which has details like the owner's name, the size of the property, valuation of the property, date of last assessment, use of the property, demarcations, etc.
    To obtain the Khata Certificate, a fee of Rs.25 per property is charged by the concerned authority. To obtain the Khata Extract, a fee of Rs.100 per property is charged by the concerned authority which has a validity of 5 years.

    Q: What is the procedure for account (Khata) transfer in gram panchayat in Karnataka?
    A: The procedure for account (Khata) transfer are:
    a) Obtain a notarized copy of your sales deed that is attested by a notary.
    b) Obtaining an Encumbrance Certificate (EC) for your property which normally takes up to a week or 15 days to obtain an Encumbrance Certificate.
    c) Obtain application form to register Khata through online mode by logging to the Sakala website: and click on - Suvarna Khatha Application Form.
    - One can also visit the concerned Office(BBMP Assistant Revenue Officer office) and obtain the Khatha application form on payment of Rs.10/-.
    Please note that the application form for Khata registration, Khata transfer or Khata modification are the same.
    d) Fill all the required details correctly as required in the application form and attach the required documents as mentioned above and submit the form. Do keep the acknowledgement received after submitting the application form. This is very useful in tracking the application at a regular interval of a week or 15 days.
    e) Once your application is successfully processed, the property will be assessed by a revenue officer from the department for verification purposes.
    f) After a successful assessment of the property, a Khatha registration fee of 2% of the total property value as mentioned in the sale deed is to be paid to the department.
    g) After payment of the Khatha registration fee of 2%, the remaining payment for the pending property tax of that property will be notified which is to be paid within 15 days of receiving the notification. This is the indication that the property has been registered in your name.
    h) Once you pay the remaining amount as notified, the Khatha extract will be issued in your name.

    Q: Can it be done online or has to be done manually?
    A: Now one can even apply for Khata registration, Khata transfer or Khata modification through an online module by visiting the website:
    PS: Along with the application, one needs to submit or attach a copy of Sale deed, last property tax paid receipt, previous owner's Khatha details, Encumbrance Certificate (EC) and the required fee.

    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

  • Khata is an account document of the property and is required to be produced and put up to the designated authority for transfer or modifications. Whenever there is a transaction of property from one person to another then for the transfer of the Khata one has to make an application to the authority for it. Please note that during the first puchase itself the Khata account had to be registered in the office of the development authority and if it was not done then it will not be possible to sell the property. So I assume that Khata is already registered and now the transfer is to be done and for which as already mentioned above an application is to be submitted along with the following documents -
    1. Application in prescribed form.
    2. Title documents, flow chart of the title.
    3. Copy of receipts of the property tax paid (it should be up to the date).
    4. Affidavit regarding / inheritance / gift / court decree if any.
    5. Original Death certificate in case of Kathadar's death.

    These papers are to be submitted in the Municipal office or any designated office in the area for transfer of the property. After this the property would be registered in the name of the buyer and in the Khata account his name would reflect as the owner.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments