You have studied science up to class 12 and after that you have acquired leanings mainly in commerce and finance. Apparently you have to be good in these subjects which you have studied for about 4 years. Now you are finding difficulty in pulling on with these subjects and not able to cope up with the job in hand. It could be because either you are not thorough in these subjects or other reason could be that you had no interest in finance but somehow trapped in this profession. So prima facie this is a crucial situation and how much confident you are that after doing some courses in IT and computer areas you will be able to perform good in that is to be found out. You have to ponder over this fact and decide before going to acquire learnings in IT/Computer areas and quit the present career line. No one would be able to advise you on this as you only know your interest and liking. So do you want to shift to IT area because that is your passion or you are simply going for an alternative to get rid of the present career line. Please give thought to it so that you need not to repent on your decisions at a later stage.
Now coming back to your question that how to get into IT field. Please note that IT field has advanced much in many respects and even the existing IT professionals are enhancing their skill levels in it to stay in the competition and protect their jobs and progress in their careers. So a beginner would have to work much harder and in a dedicated way and will have to learn not the usual stuff which is necessary to survive in the industry but also will have to acquire some latest things which have become much popular in the recent times. So you would have to go for a few courses in parallel to speed up the process of acquiring knowledge in IT area and in addition to the usual IT courses which a student goes through his computer engineering course, you will have to give emphasis on the following areas which are picking up very fast -
1. Digital Marketing - This is an area where a good scope is there as the companies are vying with each other to showcase their products to the customers on the go holding their smartphone in hand and seeing the information about every product or service along with their intended information that they were seeing in the phone.
2. Data Science / Data Analysis - This is one offshoot of IT which is emerging as a big opportunity for IT professionals as industries and organisations want to use data for analysing everything which can help them in expanding their business and also help in taking concrete business decisions.
3. Artificial Intelligence
- It is said that the future will be governed by artificial intelligence and computer software is going to be a major part of it. It is already evolved as a big field and there is much scope in it in the coming times and doing some specialisation or niche course in this area makes a great sense.
4. Learning new computer languages - A computer professional has to be good in the conventional languages like C++ or Java or like others. But there are some newer languages which are useful in today's environment and learning them gives an additional edge to the person. For example Python has emerged as one of such languages which has distinct advantages for a IT person. Many are pursuing it through short courses.
5. Internet of Things (IoT) - This is another emerging area where possibilities are immense and it is an amalgamation of everything in one package. It boasts something like managing anything from anyplace through internet. IT technologies have a great role here.
If a person wants to enter in IT field and wants to make a good career in it then he has to keep the above fields and related aspects also in mind while pursing IT courses and then hunting for a good job position.