As per my understanding of your query about changing surname due to its differences your actual Family surname Vs educations certificates surname which is officially printed on your educational documents. As you have mentioned that your correct family surname is Shaik/ Sheikh which comes under the list of Backward Classes(as socially and educationally Backward Classes of Muslims) under separate Group "E" and provided 4% reservation whereas your current educational certificates and other documents (Mark sheet, Aadhar, Bank accounts, Driving license, etc) have the surname as "Pasupuleti" which belongs to BC-B that belong to same backward caste class( BC-A and BC-B)but different sub-caste where BC-B has more reservation when compared to BC-A of Muslims Act, 2007 (Act No. 26 of 2007) and Articles 15 (4) and 16 (4) of the Constitution of India.
Now, as you want to keep your Family surname Shaik which falls under "BC-E" category, you would like to get it changed on all your documents like school and college mark sheets, aadhar card, bank accounts, Driving license etc which is very tedious. The basic steps to follow is already given by other expert members and I would just like you to follow them and the below procedures for your ease.
1. Procedure and documents needed for changing one's surname on an Aadhar card: Please note that as per UIDAI's office memorandum, an Aadhaar cardholder can now change/update his/her name in the Aadhaar card only twice. and for that one needs to furnish any of the following documents Voter ID card / Driving License / PAN Card / Marriage Certificate / Passport.
2. Procedure and documents required to correct your name in the driving license(DL):
-Offline mode: Visit your nearest RTO along with an application stating the reason for the name change in y, DOB/age proof and identity proofs, pay the required application fees. You will get DL in a week.
-Online mode: Visit the URL -
https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice12/stateSelection.do and select your state and city,
- Click on "Apply Online" on the left side of the page and select "Services on Driving Licence".
- Click on Change Name Request button and provide your valid credentials i.e. Name, DOB, etc).
- Scan & upload the required documents as mentioned above.
- Click on the "Fee Payment" to continue for fee payment and your application is sent for processing. You will get an acknowledgement to verify via OTP.
- They will courier you your updated license on your given address within a week.
3. Correction of name on your bank accounts: Once you have your name corrected on your Aadhar card, Driving License, Voters Id and Ration card, you can carry a xerox copy of these documents along with an application form mentioned the need for the name change. The bank will verify your original documents and then do the needful.
4. Correction of name on your Marksheets or certificates: These is a tedious job and will have to first follow the above steps like make an affidavit, make a paper advertisement in two papers(one English national paper and the other in your local language paper), published the same information in the Gazette through a lawyer. Once these are done, you can contact your university and board for the name change on all your certificates and documents through an application and fees as applicable. It may take time but doing it at the earliest is worthy.
Note: As you already have your Voters ID and Ration card with correct surname, do use this as document proof for all your further application while other documents are under name change process. This will ease your work and complications.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz