You are very right that as you have not got 55% marks in your Post Graduation, you cannot appear in National Eligibility Test (NET) paving way for applying lectureship in colleges and universities. But lectureship is not the only career in this world. You have done your PG in English does not mean that the only job that you can aspire for is teaching in colleges or university. Doing graduation and post graduation are the steps in your academic pursuit and many times have little relationship with your ultimate career. This will be more clear to you when we go through some career options open for you even in this competitive world. Let us consider those things in details but before that, assuming that your core interest was in English, as you have done your PG in that, you have to find out now as what is your next liking or interest area. Is it computer software, business, finance, insurance, journalism, or coaching. Why I am asking for this is that in every field there are some certificate courses and diploma available, online and offline in both the modes, and one can pursue them before hunting for a suitable job in that arena. Let us now go through some of the prospective options in your case -
1. Computer area - If you have interest in IT or computer software areas then there are many courses which one can learn through various academies and then acquire necessary skills which are required for getting a job in the area. Some of these courses which can be considered are Digital Marketing, Animation and film making, Data Science, Web designing and hosting, Cloud computing, Data base management, Cloud storage and maintenance, Computer system management etc.
2. Coaching field - There are many coaching centres
in our country and you would find many near your place also. Many people teach there and make a handsome earning. Even if you did not have a good percentage does not mean that you cannot teach well. With hard work and efforts you can teach better than a high scoring student who is not having a good expression and confidence in teaching the other people. So consider this as one of the viable options. In coaching centres many teachers leave as they get good jobs elsewhere and vacancies are continuously created. You have learned some subjects in your graduation and adding English to them makes you capable for teaching so many subjects. Please note that teaching has an added benefit of getting the things revised and making ones learning more robust and it can help you in some interview in connection with a job.
3. Business area - Most of the people feel that business is not their cup of tea but I strongly differ as an educated person can do business with much ease as he will be having better handling of inventory and selling processes using computer. If you do not want to have the hassle of maintaining a shop then there are other options like becoming a reseller for Amazon or Flipkart or ebay or any other online store. Many people are doing it very successfully and you have to simply pack the items as ordered and give it to the delivery person. Only thing is you have to maintain the quality of the items as required by the store. If you can raise some capital from some like minded people who can join you then there is good scope in a wholesale business also either in building construction material or fast moving consumer items.
4. Finance and accounts - If you have some interest in finance and accounting works in commercial arena then there is a good demand of these people in almost every company for doing their accounting using some computer applications. Job is not very tough but only thing is one should have a liking for that. This would of course require to go through some course where basic financial tools and methods are taught along with calculation of taxes like GST etc. Incidentally if you had commerce subject in your class 12 then it would suit to you much.
5. Banking services - Every year there are many vacancies created in banks and centralised exam is held for it through IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) for the post of clerks as well as officers. This is a very good option and with some preparation for the entrance exam one can get success in it. You can go to IBPS site and get the information on the details about the entrance exam.
6. Railway Services - This is one most coveted one but there are many positions for which graduate degree holders can apply and make a career in this flagship organisation of our country.
7. Postal services - This is another big employer and vacancies are announced time to time and centralised entrance exams are held for selection. You can get al the information about these positions in the India post site.
Finally, I would advise you to keep a watch on job portals and apply wherever it matches to your expectation and meanwhile decide to do some course to increase your skills in the areas that I have mentioned above so that it facilitates you for applying for certain job positions.