You need to think wisely in relation to the benifits of your existing course. B.Tech in Biotechnology provides an aspirant of applying various concepts of Biology for the modifications of biological systems, cell structures and other biological process. Hence you would come across various job opportunities which would appear very exciting to you in due course. Some of the career options after B.Tech in Biotechnology are indicated below -
1) Research Scientist- You can apply for the jobs in Government Research Institute such as Centre of Molecular Bilogy, National Institution of Oceanography etc where you can work as a Reserch Scientist or a Research Officer.
2) IT jobs - With some certifications in the Software field, you can work as Software Developer or a web developer. It will be a fine synthesis of Biotechnology and IT helping the students persuing Molecular Biology, Cell structures etc with the application of IT modules.
3) Jobs in Pharmaceutical Companies- You can apply in various Pharmaceutical Companies such as Dabur, Cipla, Dr Reddy Lab, Glaxo etc where you may be appointed as a Marketing Manager or a Quality Control Officer.
4) Working as a Bio Technologist - You may get an assignment of Bio Technologist in the various marketing divisions to develop their products. You may have assignments in Hindustan Lever, Hindustan Antibiotics, IDPL etc.
Apart from that you may concentrate on the following areas as well -
1) Waste Management
2) Food Processing
3) Environment Control
4) Research Laboratories
5) Job as a Lecturer after qualifying NET test.
The other field providing you excellent growth would be to have a MBA course
in Hospital Management where you can help the attending doctors with various health parameters of the patients and such inputs will help the doctors in saving their precious time during the course of diagnosis of the diseases.