Cherrapunji, located in Meghalaya, is the best location to visit for Monsoon lovers. Here, you will feel near to nature. The nearest airport or railway is Guwahati.
If you want to go Cherrapunji from Bangalore, no direct train or flight is available. You can take flight of Air India, Spice Jet, Air Asia or GoAir. Distance of Cherrapunji from Bangalore is approximately 3000 km and will take around 30-35 hrs if you go by train or taxi.
You can go there by these ways:
1. You can take a taxi to reach to Bangalore Airport and from there you can take a flight from Bangalore to Guwahati. It will take around 3 hrs to reach Guwahati from Bangalore by flight. From Guwahai airport you can take a taxi to Cherrapunji.
2. After reaching Bangalore Airport via taxi, you can take a flight from Bangalore to Shillong. Then you can reach Cherrapunji from Shillong via a taxi.
3. Alternatively yoh can go to Cherrapunji by train also. First you will have to go to Guwahati via train and then to Cherrapunji by another train.
4. You can alsi take a taxi to reach fron Bangalord to Cherrapunji.
The cost of flight (from Bangalore to Guwahati) will comes around Rs.4000 to Rs.8000 while that of train will be around Rs.4500 to Rs.5000 (from Bangalore to Cherrapunji). So, train will be the cheapest mode to reach cherrapunji from Bangalore.
Distance between Channai and Cherrapunji is approximately 2000 km and i riad travel it is around 2400 km.
If you want to go Cherrapunji from Chennai, still you will have to go via Guwahati. You can reach there by following ways:
1. You can reach to Chennai Airport and from there you can take a flight to Guwahati Airport. The flight will reach in approx. 2:30 hrs at Guwahati Airport. From there you can take a taxi to Cherrapunji. You can take flight of Air India, Spice Jet, Indigo.
2. You can reach Guwahati by a train and then to Cherrapunji by a taxi. Train and taxi combined cost will be around Rs.3500 to Rs.4500. It will take around 2 &1/2 days.
3. You can also take a taxi or drive yourself. Taxi will take around 2 days to reach Cherrapunji and cost will comes around Rs. 7000 to Rs 10000.
There are several good hotels in Cherrapunji where you can stay. Prices will start from Rs.3500.
Sone of the good hotels are: Coniferous Resort, Traveller's resort, Polo Orchid Resort, Labana Hotel, Cresent Hotel etc. Several honestays are also there. You can choose by comparing these hotels on makemytrip or yatra or goibibo or any other website.