Mathematics could be your subject if you follow certain tips for IIT Jee entrance test. The following points could be helpful to you listed below -
1) Concept- Mathematics need your concepts in the chapters to be dealt with. Hence first understand the basics of each chapter of both the classes of eleven and twelve of your prescribed NCERT text books. Go through the basics and if not understood the same, take the help of your Mathematics teacher.
2) Choice of books - There are plenty of books in the market assuring of the better clarity of the topics. You need not go through all such books. However you may choose the volumes written by M. L. Khanna, R. D. Sharma and S. L. Loney.( particularly for co- ordinate geometry) Searching too many books will kill your time and even it may aggravate your confusion relating to suitability of books.
3) Memories the formulas - Memorising all formulas will prove to be an asset for you in attaining your speed in relation to solving the problems quickly. What you need to do is to write all such formulas in a separate copy covering the entire formulas of the different chapters. These formulas need periodical revision so as to retain the same in your memory.
4) Solve previous year papers - It will help you to be acquainted with the pattern of the papers and in order to achieve commendable performance, you need to solve at least 15 years previous question papers to restore your confidence.
5) Practice- You will have to devote to a lot of time in solving varied problems from the practice text series published by Arihant Publication or similar patterns. This will improve your confidence apart from achieving speed in course of solving problems.
6) Concentrate on such topics assuring you of good marks in a short time frame -Mind it some chapters would not take much time in the preparation and these should not be ignored in your preparation schedules. Trigonometry, Complex Numbers, Probability, Hyperbola, Parabola, Ellipse, Three dimensional Geometry are the chapters taking you less time but at the same time preparation of these chapters will boost your scoring and rank finally.
7) Mind the alloted timing of the examination - In case, you are stuck up with a question requiring you a lot of timing in solving the same, skip the same and go ahead for the next ones which could be solved easily from your end. Such a prudent planning will help in achieving a better scoring.
8) Maintain positivity - During the preparation regime, keep yourself away from the negativity and never compare your self with other colleagues. Have your own goal.
9) Take the help of your mentor - If possible take the help of your mentor who could provide you some alternative method resulting in time saving while solving the problem.
10) Be aware of the marking system - In IIT mains, threre will be 30 questions altogether containing 120 marks in Mathematics. For each correct answer, you are to rewarded 4 marks and for each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted from you final scoring. Hence be cautious on this line. If you tick 25 correct answers, it would be treated as your marvellous performance.