In addition to the tests mentioned above, I want to suggest some more tests especially when anyone is feeling tiredness, joint pain and backache etc. These are:
1. Vitamin B test: The test usually conducted either on blood or urine sample. Vitamin B is a complex vitamin and include several vitamins i.e. Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B2, (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), Vitamin B6 ( pyridoxal phosphate), Vitamin B7(biotin), Vitamin B9 (folic acid or folate) and Vitamin B12 (cobalamin).
This vitamin helps to protect us from risk of heart diseases, protect nervous system, lowers bad cholesterol and increases level of good cholesterol. It is used to test anemia. Further, Vitamin B deficiency main cause, weakness, tiredness, joint pain, hair fall, tingling sensation in fingers, heart palpitation, poor digestion and head ache etc.
2. Calcium Blood Test: The test is used to measure the level of calcium in blood. It include total calcium and ionized calcium test. Low calcium level in body usually affect bones and teeth but it also affect muscles, heart, nerves, etc. Calcium low level may cause weak bones, muscles cramps, tingling sensation in hand, feet and lips etc. It may also increase the heart beat. On the other hand, high calcium level is also harmful for body as it may cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, decreased appetite, constipation and increased urination etc.
3. Uric acid test: It is a very important test and helpful to check if any one is suffering from arthritis (Gout) and kidney stone. If the uric acid crystals increases in the blood then it may cause several problems like upset stomach, increased urination, joint pain etc. This test is done in the blood sample.
4. Blood Sugar Test: It is one of the most important and common test. The test is required not only for diabetic patients but for normal people also because it is necessary to manage the blood sugar level to avoid complications. If anyone is having blood sugar level slightly higher than the normal people it may be a pre-diabetic condition. Very low sugar (hypoglycemia) or very high sugar (hyperglycemia) both are very harmful conditions and may create a danger to life it left untreated.
5. Complete Blood Count or CBC: Most common blood test. it is used to measure the blood cells namely red and white blood cells and platelets. It is used to check status of health condition like infection, anemia etc.
Besides, there are several common tests like Lipid profile test, Kidney profile test, Liver profile test, Metabolic tests, HbA1C etc. But these tests are done on the recommendation of health care specialist/physician.
Nowadays several laboratories offering a complete health test package and full body checkup at very reasonable price. These package includes almost all basic tests which are required to asses the general health condition. People must go for a health checkup annually to avoid any major health risk as these tests help to determine any health condition at an early stage.
Range for Tests:( Normal Range)
RBC Count: 4.32–5.72 million cells/mcL (Men); 3.90–5.03 million cells/mcL (Women)
WBC Count: 3,500 to 10,500 cells/mcL
Hemoglobin: 13.5–17.5 Gram/decilitre (Men), 12.0 - 16.0 g/dl(Women)
Platelets count: 150000 - 400000 cell/cumm
Blood Sugar (Fasting): less than 100 (Healthy Adult or children), 100 – 125 (Pre diabetic), 126 or above (Diabetic)
HbA1C: Adult Normal : < 5.7%, Prediabetic : 5.7-6.4%, Diabetic : >= 6.5%
Uric Acid: 2.60 - 6.00 mg/dl
Total Cholesterol: Desirable : <200 mg/dl (Desirable), 200 - 239 mg/dl (Borderline high), >239 mg/dl (High)
Calcium : 8.6 - 10.2 mg/dl
Triiodothyronin (T3) : 0.80 - 2.00 ng/ml
Thyroxin (T4): 5.10 - 14.10 microg/dl
Thyroid Stimulating Hormones (TSH):0.4–4.0 milli-international units per liter of blood (mIU/L)
Vitamin B12: below 150 pg/mL (Low), 200 to 600 pg/mL (Normal), above 800 pg/mL (High)
Vitamin D: below 12 ng/ml (Low), 20-49 ng/ml or above (Normal), 50 ng/ml or above (High)
Apart from the tests mentioned above, some of the tests are also necessary for Men and Women:
Mammography test: This test is to measure the early signs of breast cancer or the stages. Regular mammograms are very helpful to check the breast cancer at an early stage.
Cervical cancer screening: The test is also recommended for women to check the cervix cancer.
Regular Blood Pressure Checkup
Regular blood sugar checkup
Coloractal cancer screening