Many children have deficiency in speaking and it requires to be corrected through speaking practices and better communication skills. There are many sites in the net which help the children in learning language, in speaking, in speed reading and fluency etc and depending on the particular need a site can be selected. Some sites offer games to children and during playing those games the children learn the speaking and expressing their ideas just like that. They like such sites where through fun activity the proficiency in speaking is achieved. Then there are sites which give emphasis on spellings and correct English writing. Many sites are free but there are some premium services also for which generally the sites offer a trial version also. Let us now go through some popular and reputed sites where one can explore it for speech proficiency.
1. Talking Pierre the Parrot - This is a popular fun way to listen to what one speaks and then try the same sentence in other ways or try some different sentence. It is an interesting application in which the sentence spoken by the child is repeated by the application in a funny way and then the child can go on speaking and talking hearing the mimicking voice by this application. It engages the child for quite long and is an interesting app for speaking practice. It is free.
2. TallyTots - This works only in iPhone environment and is recommended for speech therapy. It is not free and costs $2.99. There are mini games and puzzles through which the child gets engaged. There are activities like counting the numbers, word combinations etc.
3. LeapFrog - This is a site which offers 2 month trial period for the users. The learning of the words, sentences, and stories and their reading is achieved through games in a creative style and through these ways the speaking fluency of the child is enhanced and his comprehension also improves.
4. FunBrain - This also offers many online fun games for free through which the language proficiency is enhanced. There are many games which cover many aspects like reading, speaking, vocabulary, grammar etc.
5. Scholastic - This is also a game packed site and offers many games and activities to the children through which they learn many elements of the language like speed reading, fluency, speaking, using different words etc
Many children have some defects in their speaking ability and though it is minor but is a matter of concern for the parents. In order to correct those shortcomings we require some material which is created from that point of view. So if such a thing is present in this particular case then there are some sites which might be more useful and some of them are - Speech and Language Kids, The Communication Trust, Special Needs Jungle, British Stammering Association, Busy Bug Kits, The SpeeL, Autism Teaching Strategies, Playing With Words 365, Talking Point, Free language stuff etc.
Knowledge is power.