Important information to know about Expiry Dates of Food or other Products.
Have a question about expiry date mentioned on products? How is this date calculated for different products? Check out this Ask Expert page for understanding all about expiry dates.
1. What is this expiry date and how does the manufacture come up with the date like a week, month, year, and so on. I mean how is the expiry date calculated for items?
2. Is the expiry date and best before the same or is there any difference?
3. How can one know if the item is expired if the sticker gets wiped off?
4. Are expired food items safe for consumption?
5. Till how many days can an item or stuff be used after its expiry date i.e. milk/dairy products, grains, spices or masalas, cosmetics, oil (cooking & hair oil), creams (face cream, body lotion, or sunscreen), medicines and syrups, etc?
6. What are the side effects of using expired food products on the body, hair, health, etc?
7. Any other information that enhances the question raised.