By going through your submission, it appears that the GATE scores as projected by you is highly inflated. The maximum scores for the GATE test is 1000. Hence may be your existing scores is 500 for the said test. You should not be perturbed with this scores and you need to consider the following points before you take any final step in this regard.
1) GATE scores are essential to take admission in MTech in the different streams and according to the cut off decided for a particular stream, admission is decided.
2) There would be wide variations of the GATE scores in respect of the eligibility of the different branches. Variables also include the location of IIT's, the stream for which admission is to be sought and the status of your cast. For general category, it is always higher than the other categories.
3) If you are interested for Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering, Civil Engineering etc, your scores might fit with such streams and if not look for other locations.
4) Your present GATE scores is valid for three years and keeping this thing in mind, you should not loose your heart. You may take one more chance to improve your performance in the GATE, if you could not secure your admission in your preferred branch.
5) If you are interested for the post of Management Training ( Technical) for any public undertaking, this valid GATE scores would help you in the final interview and you would be preferred if you satisfy the Board of Interview with your performance.