I have gone through your submission and I am impressed with your post graduate qualification in Engineering ( Your acquisition of M.Tech in Production Engineering). Since at the present moment, it is been difficult for you to get a job in the teaching line with the present qualification, you want to have a switch to school teaching in the wake of non availability of teaching prospects in the Engineering Colleges. However, you need to think over the following points prior to taking up the final steps. The following points may please be looked into -
1) Consider the time period you have consumed in achieving your M.Tech qualification- You might have devoted to full seven years in achieving your M.Tech qualification after passing your class twelve. Supposing that you have prepared GATE and on the basis of GATE scores, you secured your admission and this one year, too, has also been included while computing the time for the entire engineering course preparation. Switching to a different regime would mean additional time consumption for at leat two years in completing the B.Ed course apart from job waiting period. Hence prior to switch you need to look out the ways how best the existing qualification can be utilised so as to have a gainful employment with the current qualification.
2) You may try for a job in IT Industry with a little effort. Approach the job consultants having their access to many IT employers and they can arrange interviews for you. Even you consult Naukari.com, Times of India.com for arranging your interviews in the IT field. You need to brush up studies afresh for your better performance.
3) You can try for IES with the help of some reputed institution helping you for the preparation. You can have excellent job prospects once you qualify this.
4) Try for the Banking Executive jobs and for that you have to gear up with the latest patterns for such examinations. Take the help of the professional institution for your better guidance.
5) You can undertake some certification course such as Oracle, Java, C++ etc for enhancing your employability status in the IT Sector.
6) If at all, you are not satisfied with the points mentioned above, take up the B.Ed course with distance education choosing anyone from IGNOU, Karnataka Open University, Utkal university, ManipalUniversity of Distance Education etc. In that way, you can better utilise your time in taking up B.Ed course apart from putting your efforts in your chosen field.