You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Can PUC of a bike registered to a different state be done in another state

    Unable to get a PUC certificate for a bike because it is originally registered in another State? Find out whether or not this is a genuine reason for not getting a PUC certificate as per the laws.

    I am having a bike (Honda Shine) registered to Jharkhand. I'm living in West Bengal and want to get the PUC certificate done in West Bengal itself. However, on visiting the PUC centre, I've been told that a Jharkhand-registered vehicle's PUC certificate can only be done in Jharkhand itself. Is this information valid or am I being scammed?
  • Answers

    1 Answers found.
  • All motor vehicles are required to be registered under a Regional Transport Office (RTO). This RTI registration is valid in that state only. Going for a short trip or going on tour with the vehicles registered in one state to other states is accepted. But if the vehicle is getting shifted to another state permanently, the vehicle is to be reregistered in the state where presently the vehicle is getting shifted. For this, you have to obtain a NOC from the state where the vehicle is registered. In your case, you have to obtain a NOC from Jharkhand. To obtain the NOC you have to submit the following to the RTO in whose office your vehicle is registered. You have given an application for NOC and you have to attach the following documents for your NOC.
    1. An attested copy of the vehicle's registration certificate
    2. Valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
    3. Insurance policy of the vehicle
    4. Receipts of the road tax payment
    5. A report from the police to prove that the vehicle was not involved in theft cases
    6. Applicable fee.
    Then the concerned authorities will give you NOC. Now you have to carry this NOC to the new state and you have to apply for reregistration in that state with this NOC. The following documents you have to submit for reregistration in the new state.
    1. Previous original registration certificate
    2. No Objection Certificate from the RTO under which the vehicle was previously registered.
    3. Form 27
    4. Form 20
    5.An attested copy of current address proof
    6. An attested copy of the vehicle's insurance certificate/policy
    7. An attested copy of the PUC certificate
    Once you submit they may register your vehicle there. Then only you are supposed to use the vehicle in your new place of registration. That may be the reason the PUC centre informed you like that.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments