You must Sign In to post a response.
  • 12th for foreign National in India

    Have a query about basic education eligiblitiy for foreign nationals in India? Looking out for detailed information regarding giving 12th exams- regular or distance would do? Find answers from our experts here.

    I am enquiring this for my wife, she is a foreign national and would like to get graduated in India. However, we need to understand if she needs to complete her 12th and if yes then are there options to complete the 12th from distance?

    I know there is also option of Diploma after 10th which after completion will give you opportunity to get you to graduation but not all universities do that or not all courses offer that.

    She is interested in studying Yoga. Please help with University which can give us these options if you know and more details regarding so that we could approach the university.
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • Association of Indian University ( AIU) has an important role in recognising the courses passed out 10+2 from the foreign board and hence you need not worry for its recognition status.
    There are different universities in India accepting the aspirants having passed out 10 +2 from foreign institutions with the thorough verification of the certificates. You can make up your mind for admission in the following universities-
    1) Delhi University
    2) Pune University
    3) Distance education of Manipal.
    4) Indira Gandhi National Open University etc.
    Since your wife is interested in Yoga, you can approach the authorities of IGNOU regarding her admission in the said course. You can have the entire details relating to fee- structure, cut off marks, course details etc through your personnel approach.
    Regarding her admission for other universities, you can access information through the surfing in the internet.

  • To study graduation in India as you said one has to have a 10 +2 qualification or diploma qualification. That is true. Up to what level your wife studied in a foreign country? You have not mentioned that. Some foreign qualifications are considered equivalent to +2 and some are considered equivalent to diplomas.
    As per the Association of Indian Universities( AIU), the following courses are considered equivalent to the +2 stage qualification of an Indian Board. This list will be amended from time to. Foreigners who are having one of these qualifications can get admitted to UG courses.
    a. 12 years Baccalaureate Certificate of Afghanistan, France, Iraq and Tunisia.
    b. 12 years General Secondary Education Certificate of theMinistry of Education – Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and other Gulf countries.
    c. GCE/IGCSE examinations of the approved British Examining Bodies in UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Mauritius with passes in 5 subjects at 'Ordinary Level' and 2 subjects at 'AdvancedLevel'. For admission to professional courses- medical /engineering Advanced Level Passes in Physical, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English are essential besides 5 (five)passes at GCE 'Ordinary Level'.
    d. High School Diploma from accredited School of USA.
    e. Intermediate/Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary of the approved Boards in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
    f. 12 years Secondary stage qualification of National ExaminationBoard/Council in of the Ministry of Education – Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania.
    g. 12 years secondary stage Examination conducted by various provinces in Australia and Canada.
    h. GCE 'Ordinary and Advanced' level examination of the Department of Examination, Govt. of Sri Lanka
    i. 12- year STPM examination of Malaysia.
    j. 12- year Secondary Stage qualification of Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the Yemen Arab Republic.
    k. 'Abitur' of Germany.
    l. 12- year High School Diploma awarded by the accredited American School /Foreign Schools in other countries following American pattern of education.
    m. Any other qualification determined as equivalent by AIU from time to time .
    The above list is taken from the website of the AIU You can also refer to the same.
    IGNOU is offering various courses to foreign students. You can check this page for the details.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments