• Category: Other Jobs

Age related question and marital staus

do yuo have a query regarding banking exam? Want to know the rules for divorcee category and can one remarry? Scroll through this Ask Expert page for advice from our experts to your query.

I am 33 years old, OBC category and I am not eligible to write any bank exams. I am a divorcee so I am applying for bank exams in divorcee category. Recently I am engaged and going to marry someone in the month of april 2022. If I get the job, then after joining can I remarry or not?

• In banking services exams there are some age relaxation for various categories. For the Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried, there is an age relaxation. Presently it is up to 7 years for General/EWS candidates, 10 years for OBC candidates, and 12 years for SC/ST candidates. You are falling in OBC category so you can appear in this exam till age of 38 years.
    The rules and regulations for appearing in the banking entrance exam say that at the time of applying and getting qualified in the exam the status of the candidate should be Widow or Divorced woman or woman judicially separated from her husband. It does not talk or explains the situation later when the person remarries. So you should not bother for that part. First concentrate in your exam and get selected and join the job. Other personal things in life will be taken later on. Changes in lives come with time and why to think and foresee them before they happen. You need not to talk about those things at this juncture.
    Remarrying is a personal matter and once you are settled in the job you are not debarred to do that. You can very well take that judgement yourself. Bank management has nothing to do with that.

• As you are a divorcee and belongs to OBC, you will get some relaxation in your upper age limit for backing examinations. This is applicable to widows and divorcees. So your status as on date of appointment will be considered to consider you under that category. So you should not get married till you joining the job. You might be getting engaged with somebody and you are not married. My advice is to postpone the marriage till your results for this posting are announced. If you are married before an appointment somebody may file a case against the appointment saying that you claimed the reservation wrongly.
    The rules are not mentioning specifically that one should not remarry after an appointment. So once you join the bank and get permanent there, you will not have any problem. No rules say you should get married again if you are taking the advantage of age when you apply for the post.
    You can apply under the divorcee category and appear for the examination without any problem. Afterwards, if you are getting married you may not face any problem.
    What is important is your status as on the date of application. But to avoid risk I suggest you should postpone your marriage till you join the job at least.

• As mentioned above, you belong to OBC category and you are 33 years old. So, you can apply for banking exam. As you know that there are different rule of age relaxation category wise. A divorced OBC women can get 10 years of age relaxation. So,you are eligible for bank exam but you should maintain your eligibility till date of joining. Once you settle in job then problem will not arise. If you remarry before job and someone blame regarding your eligibility then you may have to face problem. As per my view, you should keep aside your personal matter and have complete focus on getting job. After settlement in job nobody would ask question in this regard.

• You are entitled to get the age relaxation as pee prevailing rules applicable to OBC category. Your current age is 33 year and you being divorcee, you will enjoy ten years relaxation in respect of your appearance for the Banking Examination. You have to clear your examination to the point you are not exceeding the prescribed age - limit.
    Your main thrust at this juncture is to clear the Banking Examination with your dedicated efforts so that the concession applicable in your case can be availed for making your career in the Banking Line.
    Once you clear this examination and join the Banking - job, you will be treated as a normal staff of the bank and you may further take up recourse for further marriage. Your decision would be treated as your personal matter and you would not be questionable in this connection.