What is the process for an Indian MBA degree to be valid in the U.S. job market?

Planning to work in the USA and unsure if your online MBA Degree need to be validated? Learn with expert input about the necessity to validate an Indian degree and if required the procedure to do so in order to get a job opportunity in the USA.

I'm a US citizen currently studying for an online MBA degree from India. I'm looking to join a job in the US soon, so I'd like to know a couple of things about it.

First, do I need to have my Indian MBA degree credential evaluated before I join a company? If yes, why? Is it necessary? What are the pros and cons of this? What is the process if I wanted to go ahead with this?

Secondly, if I don't apply to have my MBA degree credential evaluated, can I join a company without it? What are the pros and cons of this?

• There are many good institutes in India where one can do an MBA. IIMs and such other institutes are having a reputation across the world and they are honoured. MBA from such institutions don't require any separate validation.
    So it all depends on the institute from which you do your MBA. There are many institutes in India which are having recognition from various international assessment organisations like the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), World Education Services and the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES). If you obtain MBA from such institutes no separate assessment is required. All organisations in the private sector may accept such degrees.
    If you want to go for a government job, you may have to get an evaluation of the credentials of the degree obtained. There are some organisations that will undertake such works. NACES is one such organisation. The association of international credentials evaluators (AICE) is another organisation. The individual has to apply for evaluation. The necessary fees are to be paid and all essential documents are to be submitted. It takes a few weeks to complete this process.

• Nowadays there are so many institutes offering MBA course and providing the degrees. So the companies and organisations do not know about the reputation and standing of those institutions and ask for some validation or evaluation of the degree before giving the job to the applicant. The companies in US generally go for that type of evaluation so it makes sense to get that while applying abroad for jobs.
    There are some agencies like Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), International Accreditation Council For Business Education (IACBE) etc. You can go to their websites and find out the institutes which are accredited by these agencies. Alternatively you can find out about your institute also whether it has got some accreditation with the above or any other reputed agency or not.
    Another point in this reference is that sometimes depending on the knowledge and skill levels of a candidate the companies give employment to the people irrespective of the credentials of the MBA degree we are talking of. If you have some crucial experience in a niche area along with the normal MBA degree then what the employer would prefer is that experience and MBA would be an academic thing only. So you have to see the things from that perspective also.