• Category: Study Abroad

Which university to select for studying M.Sc. Business Management in UK?

Unsure of which university in the UK to select from the offers that you got for your MSc Business Management program? Get suggestions to help you select the best option.

I got an offer from these universities in the UK- Exeter/Strathclyde/Aston/Queen Mary/Dundee for MSc in Business Management. Since I am an international student from India, my top preferences in selecting, in descending order, are as follows-
    Employability
    Exposure
    Brand Value
    Location
    Weather
    Fees.

Could you suggest which I should select and why?

• There are many universities in the UK which offer Masters in Business Management. What you have shortlisted are among the top lot only. The employability and other aspects are mainly dependent on your performance in the particular university as the campus appointments are generally based on the merit and campus interview performance. Most of these courses are for one year duration.
    I have gone through the general facilities, reputation, fee structure and other such parameters about some of these top institutes and based on that I put them in the following order -

1. University of Strathclyde - Strathclyde Business School
    Glasgow, United Kingdom.
    2. Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) - School of Business and Management
    London, United Kingdom.
    3. University of Exeter Business School, Exeter, United Kingdom.

• All the institutes you have mentioned above are very good and well-reputed institutes. In all the cases the brand value is almost the same. There is no appreciable difference. Employability is also good for the candidates who obtained degrees from the above institutes. Many reputed organisations prefer students from these institutes. But individual performance makes the difference. What weather you like you know better and you know your financial ability. So you can select any of the above institutes based on your selection. If I were you, my selections will be
    1. University of Exeter Business School, Exeter, United Kingdom.
    2. University of Strathclyde - Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow, United Kingdom.

• While going through your submission, you have indicated some of the topmost institutions offering the degrees in the Masters in Business Management and frankly speaking all the institutions can be rated excellent in terms of course coverage providing you conceptual clarity in the arena of business basics.
    However, keep this thing in mind that there are experts in the interview panel who would watch your presentation style apart from core understanding business ethics taught to you in the management classes. During the interview session, try your best to impress the members in the board of interview with all your clarity in the topics being asked for.
    You may opt for the following business schools listed in the chronicle orders -
    1) University of Exeter Business School, Exeter, United Kingdom
    2) Queen Mary University of London, Business School of Management, UK