In Ayurvedic System, human body is composed of doshas and mainly out of three doshas, two doshas invariably exist in our system such a person maybe of Vata - pitta type, Vata - cough type or Pitta - cough type and for the knee pain which manifests excess Vata in the system, any Herb or Ayurvedic medicine minimising this dosha would help the patient to restore normalcy of the Knee - pain. With the advancement of the age, there might be aggravation of Vata Dosha if we don't adhere to Ayurvedic Norms such as not taking hot water in winter, taking naps in the day or taking curds in the night.
However, in the wake of suffering of excess knee pain, the following tips will be helpful to the patients and if practised for a minimum period for at least two month, the results would be amazing.
1) Use of Guduchi Powder- Guduchi is known as Rasayan in Ayurveda having its potential to pacify the excess doshas prevailing in our body - system. The powder of this churna to the extent of half tea - spoon is to be taken in the empty stomach both in the morning and evening in the empty stomach followed by a cup of hot water. This will enhance the immunity of the body thus reducing the knee - pain.
2) Vatari Churna - This churna is available in Divya Pharmacy which consists of several herbs working simultaneously within the system to take away the excess Vata. It contains Ginger, Trikatu, Aswagandha, Cur-cumin etc capable of eliminating the excess toxins from the system system causing normalisation of the pain.
3) Massaging- Massaging the affected area with mild hot mustard oil already treated with a few pieces of Garlic where both the ingredients are allowed to boil for a minute or two keeping the same in an appropriate container and once the temperature drops, the garlic buds are to be discarded and apply the oil on the affected part gently so that this oil penetrates within the skin. A regular massage twice daily will offer relief within a couple of days.
4) Use of Kaishore Gugglu - Purchase this Ayurvedic formulation of any reputed firm and consume one tablet twice a day after your principal meal. Gugglu along with Nagarmotha, Triphala, Vaibidang etc will purge out toxins from the system offering you permanent relief if consumed for one and half month. This will even reduce your body weight giving you benefits indirectly in the elimination of the pain.
5) Ensure that you are taking at least eight hours sleep in the night.
6) Avoid taking excess spices and oils in the preparation of vegetables and your food must be light so that it digests easily providing least chances of aggravation of Vata Dosha.