Yes. You can transfer from one college to another college. The following points are for your information.
1. The transfer to another college can happen only at the beginning of the academic year.
2. Before changing to another college, you should complete all the subjects of the 1st year.
3. The Principal of the college you are presently studying and the principal of the college in which you are going to join should give their consent for your admission.
4. You have to send your application to the Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai.
5. The college where you are going to join should have a vacancy within their sanctioned strength.
6. The transfer should be to the same branch of your present study and no change in the branch will be accepted.
7. Mere applying with the consent of principals will not ensure you the transfer. The directorate of technical education will be the final authority to decide on this.
8. Even though you apply at the beginning of the year, you have to continue in the present colleges till you get an order from the directorate sanctioning the transfer.
9. Private colleges may ask you to pay the fee for all four years if you want a transfer.
10. Your college will tell you the details regarding the application form and other enclosures to the application form for applying for a transfer.
The following are some of the best engineering colleges in Tamilnadu.
1, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
2. Anna University, Chennai
3. S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
4. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy, Thanjavur
5. Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
6. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
7. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
8. Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Higher Education, Srivilliputtur
9. Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
10. Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore