Generally, the postpartum period starts immediately after childbirth as the mother's body hormone levels and uterus size returns to a non-pregnant state. Postpartum depression is a complex mix of physical, emotional, and behavioural changes that happen in some women after giving birth. There are different kinds of symptoms found in many women after childbirth :
1. Severe fatigue
2. Lower libido
3. Trouble sleeping
4. Appetite changes
5. Disinterested in your baby
6. Severe anger and crankiness
7. Loss of pleasure
8. Thoughts of death or suicide
9. Thoughts of hurting someone else
10. Trouble concentrating
11. Feeling hopeless
If you are suffering from postpartum depression, you should consult your doctor very soon so that you could get better treatment on time. There are two main treatments for postpartum depression: medication and therapy.
1. Medication: Antidepressants gives a direct effect on the brain. It alters the chemicals that regulate mood. It is time taking process. It may take several weeks in finding a difference in your mood. Some people have side effects while taking antidepressants. They may feel fatigued, decreased sex drive, and have dizziness. Some antidepressants are safe to take for breastfeeding women.
2. Therapy: Therapy are helpful in destructive thoughts and It gives good result. In some women estrogen levels are low so in such a situation doctor recommended hormone therapy.
Besides, medical treatment natural remedies are also there such as exercise and sound sleep, massage, meditation, and other mindfulness practices may reduce this problem. Take a proper diet that is high in nutrients, but low in processed foods.