Range and the speed of the Laptop are affected due to the various reasons as indicated below and their remedies, too, have been enlisted so that the Laptop works in the optimum efficiency.
The points are listed below-
1) Wi-Fi promotes reliable connectivity and amazing speeds if the same is operated at the peak availability of the signals.However if the same is connected with the limited signal - range, it would suffer due to dropped conditions. The same can be improved with the placing the same closer to the Router. More closer it is, the better the signal.
2) Take care of the metal structure and the large appliances coming between the Laptop and the Router. In such a situation, the Laptop has to be relocated with the best place where the disruptions are the lowest.
3) The strength of Wi- Fi signal and the range depends upon the Router, its drivers, firmwares and the provision of the Software of the Laptop. In case of weak service, update the equipment and the Software.
4) Connect your Laptop with an external Wi- Fi adapter to minimise the interface- External Network Adapter us equipped with the antennas which could function better if an external Wi - Fi is included in the system.
5) Avoid Frequency Interface - If the Laptop is working at 2.4 GHZ, try it by upgrading the same with 5 GHZ. This might offer you an improved result.
6) Check the Transmitter Power Settings - The Transmitter Power can be adjusted on some network with the use of a suitable adapter. If the settings are changed through the adapter's drive interface programme so that 100% transmission power is achieved ensuring you strongest signal receptor, the same might be effected through the changed alignment.