Here, I an giving step by step answer as per your query which are as follows:-
(a) What are the major three different types of taxes which give maximum earnings to the Central Government?
There are two kind of tax in india- Direct tax and lndirect tax. Direct tax includes income tax, real property tax, personal property tax, and taxes on assets. Indirect tax includes excise duty, customs duty, and Value-Added Tax (VAT) etc.
1. Excuse duty- This tax is levied on goods produced within the country. It is a tax on the production or sale of a good. It is also known as the Central Value Added Tax (CENVAT).
2. Custom duty- This tax are levied on goods when they are transported across international borders. In general words, it is the tax that is levied on import and export of goods. The government uses this duty to raise its revenues, safeguard domestic industries, and regulate movement of goods.
3. GST- GST means goods and services tax (GST). It is a tax on goods and services sold domestically for consumption. It includes the final price and paid by consumers at point of sale and passed to the government by the seller. It is a common tax which is used globally.
(b) What are the major three different types of taxes which give maximum earnings to the State Governments?
1. Income tax- This tax is imposed on individuals or entities in respect of the income or profits earned by them.
2. Stamp duty and registration- This tax is levied on the sale of the property, registration of the property,marriage registration and other court related matter etc.
3.GST - It is one of the major source of income for state government. The state collects good money from GST.
(c) What are the major three different types of taxes which give maximum earnings to the municipal bodies/corporations/panchayats
1.Property tax - It is good source of income for municipal bodies. It is the annual amount paid by a land owner to the local government or the municipal corporation of area. It includes all tangible real estate property, house, office building and the rented property.
2. Professional tax- This tax is levied on all kinds of professions, trades, and employment and levied based on the income of profession, trade and employment.
3.Advertisement tax- Municipal bodies collect good amount of revenue through advertisement such as poster, ad, hoarding etc