Want a career guidance as per my qualification.

I completed a master's degree in Philosophy last year. I am recently doing a writing job, but I want to know the other career option that fits with my qualification or paths that I can choose for a better career apart from Academics. I don't want to go into a teaching job or any government job.

• The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
    Philosophy graduates and Post Graduates will have skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, writing and speaking. These skills will make them eligible for a wide range of jobs.
    Generally after completing PG in this subject, many will opt for a teaching job, But the author is not interested in a teaching job.
    Philosophy graduates or postgraduates can opt for LLB and become a lawyer. Their basic qualification in Philosophy will make them more eligible for a layer profession because of their critical thinking attitude and skill.
    They can do MBA and opt for marketing jobs. They will become good marketing managers as they will have good speaking and writing skills.
    They can also try for bank officer/clerk posts as they can face the competitive examinations much better because of the special skills they acquire during their studies.
    There are some specialist jobs like mentors in various colleges for which students will be considered. They will be asked to see the student affairs.
    In some organisations, these people can be taken as HR executives as they can be good at understanding the people and will become good managers there.
    They can also apply for other general positions like clerks, officers in insurance, finance and other organisations.

This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    After your PG in Philosophy you have some options to choose for making a career. First is research work. If you have interest and liking for research work then you can apply for pursing a PhD degree in some reputed university. Another option is try your career in a professional content writing area where your knowledge acquired in the subject would help you in creating nice documents for various organisations.There are many social organisations in the nature of NGO and private companies which require philosophy people for associating in their projects for the welfare of the humanity and society. Salaries are not high there but one gets a feel of the job and develop the skills in that area. If you have an interest for social work and you want to fight for the social causes then it makes sense to join some social organisation and contribute your bit. There are some other type of job positions worth mentioning for a PG in philosophy. These are like Archivist, Administrator, Insurance Underwriter etc.