This would be really an unfortunate case when you find that your precious photos holding for a long time for your sweet memories are gone. However, there are ways to retrieve the same with the observation of the following steps -
Check your Trash Folder - The first exercise you would like to do is check your trash folder for the maximum period of 30 days. If trashed recently, this can be located here itself. You will have to following procedures for getting back the same.
1) Open up the gallery app and tap the three vertical lines existing in the right hand of the corner.
2) By selecting the trash, it would be recovered back.
3) Your photos would appear in the folder.
4) if already there, these can be recovered back by tapping them from the icon appearing on the lower left hand of the corner.
2) Check the Google Photos- Google Photos are the preloaded storage application on your mobile phone where you sign into your Gmail Account. This would mean there is the chances of saving the same in your Google Photos.
3) Check the Cloud- Your mobile phone Is supported with a separate cloud backup storing your photos, videos, files, texts etc.You will have to check up the manufacture's clouds equipped with your mobile phones of different manufacturers such as Samsung, LG, Motorola etc.
4) Check up My Files and SD Card - You need to tap up the same and download icon to restore your photos to be retrieved.
Assuming that you don't possess SD Card, you may go in to image folder where you could locate your photos needed to be retrieved. From the trash, you have to tap three vertical dots in the upper hand right corner and tap the trash. If these are already there, these could be recovered in the similar ways as done earlier.