You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Can wrong category mentioned in 12th registration form be corrected

    Do you want to know whether you can correct the caste category that you had mentioned wrongly in one form? Are you looking for ways to get the mistake rectified? Follow this thread for solutions.

    I belong to the OBC category and have a proper caste certificate but I had, by mistake, mentioned it as general in the column for caste category in my 12th registration form. So will it create any problem in my JEE mains counselling or anywhere in future?
    Can I fill in the category as OBC in my JEE mains registration form?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Though you have indicated yourself as being a general candidate in your registration form of your class twelve board by mistake but it could be taken otherwise from the different authorities. Even this amounts to suppression of facts from your end and sooner you take the corrective steps, the better.
    You will have to write to the Board Secretary regarding your gross mistake and send the application along with the supporting documents for getting it corrected from the office of the Board. You will have to preserve the acknowledgment receipt which the receiver gets after getting the registered letter from the addressee. This receipt would be indicative of your honest approach to take proper initiative to rectify the mistake committed earlier.
    Once this is acceptable to Board Authority, your battle is over.
    After the correction, you would not face any problem in your JEE main counselling.

  • If the selection is on the basis of Category, there are possibilities of confusion. Otherwise there will not be any problem but however on selection, it is good to you to inform the concerned authorities to correct the records at that time. This would helpful to you in future for any allocation based on the category.

  • Actually, the information given in the application form should be correct. Any false information provided may be viewed seriously and sometimes there may be some punishments also.
    When did you take your Caste certificate? Is it dated before your date of application for registration? It can be considered a mistake if it is dated before your application for registration. By mentioning the caste as general instead of OBC, the candidate is not claiming any additional concessions. So there will not be any problem.
    You might have sent your application through the school you are studying. So meet the HM or the Administrative Head and inform them about the mistake you made. Give it in writing so that they can inform the board accordingly. When you submit your letter informing the mistake take an acknowledgement for your records.
    In your all application in future please mention OBC only. Never mention as General. Always attach a copy of your caste certificate.

    always confident

  • Every university have procedure to correct student data wrongly entered during registration. You have to go to that particular board office with all relevant documents to get you information corrected. Some universities also ask for affidavit along with caste/category certificate. You have to pay chalan/ correction fees for this. If you are in school, you may have to take attested copy of your details entered in school student admission/withdrawal register. You may ask in school office for this.
    As for JEE exam, you have to submit a scan copy of your caste certificate and an undertaking letter. 'Undertaking can be found on JEE website. I don't think, your category in 12th will affect JEE exam as they ask and verity your caste/category certificate themselves. All the best and don't worry you are not the only one with such issue and every problem have a solution,


  • Sign In to post your comments