You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Supreme court judgement of BTech distance education

    Have a query about distance education BTech program through lateral entry? Looking out for the supreme court judgement regarding this? On this Ask Expert page check out the advice provided for your queries.

    What is the latest clarification on suspended degrees of deemed university in distance education of 2002 to 2005. I have completed DME in 1990. After that I joined BTech Mech in JNRVU in ,2002 in distance education by lateral entry.
    In 2007 I have completed my BTech Mech successfully. Now 2017 supreme court has suspended degrees between 2002 to 2005 academic years. Now is my degree valid or not?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • As indicated by you, you have completed your B.Tech degree in the year 2007 through the distance mode and as per notification of the Supreme - court, it has suspended the degrees between 2002 and 2005. From the same notification , in no way, you are going to be affected.
    Now you can take your further initiatives in terms of your employment or for higher studies such as M.Tech.
    If you want to join some Public Undertaking as a graduate trainee in Mech - stream, you need to revise your whole syllabus and concentrate on the areas where you lack command of the subjects. You may take the help of YouTube where you will get abundant materials to get your doubts redressed. Apart from that, you will have to go through the topics of Reasoning, numerical - analysis and a sound concept of English - grammar to clear both Technical and General - awareness. After clearing the written, you need to face the oral interview, where the Board will evaluate your intrinsic potentials.
    If you want to go for higher studies ie M.Tech, it would be appropriate to go through the GATE test and scoring system beyond 95 percentile will land you to get a seat in one of the coveted institutes.

  • I think you have dealyed things because the SC ruling was in November 2017 .JNRVU,Janaradan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth is a deemed to be university. You have completed you B Tech by distance education between 2002-2007.

    The Honourable SC has suspended the Engineering degrees awarded from 2001-2005 for distance mode courses from thee universities of which one is JNRVU. The SC also gave an opportunity for students enrolled between 2001-2005 to get their degrees recognised BY TAKING A NEW EXAM under the auspices of AICTE. The AICTE will formulate the test and the candidate would be give two changes to clear the tests. If they fail, then their degree would be invalid.

    So, going by the summary of the SC decision, you should have taken the AICTE exams. I would suggest that you contact

    1.The distance education wing of UGC
    Distance Education Bureau (DEB) Main Office
    University Grants Commission (UGC)
    Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
    Pin:110 002

    2.AICTE-Western Regional Office,
    Industrial Assurance Bldg.,
    2nd floor, V.N. Road, Churchgate,
    Mumbai – 400 020

    Please state clearly the date of enrolment of your B Tech, date of completion, date of award of the degree and then get their reply. If I were you, I would would call the UGC-DEB, get an appointment and meet them in person and get it verified because the legal validity of the job, future education everything would depend on it.
    you can get the pdf copies of the ugc letter on the Sc ruling

    Delete Attachment

  • Along with the above you can read this also

    Delete Attachment

  • There is a lot of confusion in this regard. But the latest decision from Supreme Court is that the degrees already awarded are valid. So as far as the present status is concerned, there is no problem with your degree. For all practical purposes, the degree is valid and you can even go for M. Tech.
    Anyhow to avoid this confusion and have a correct understanding, what I suggest is you can contact the university in person and get the clarification as on date. Alternatively, you can contact the concerned in the UGC and get clarification from them.
    Then you have a valid document with you to say that your degree is valid. In case it is not valid you will also get some clue about the actions you can take for validating your degree.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments