You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you noticed the Earthquake on the Web?

You might have heard about earthquakes in real life. So far no early warning system has been developed to forecast the earthquakes as weather forecasts, Sunami and Cyclone forecasts. Even High Tides and Waves on full moon day and amavasya can be forecast. But scientists are yet to find early warning systems for Earthquakes. Some animals like dogs, buffaloes ,snake and even birds can sense the earthquakes as it studies have revealed that animals and birds' behavior and reactions undergo noticeable change before the actual earthquake.Have you noticed the Earthquake on the Web? Try searching webquestionanswers for earthquake on the web.
    Ashok,
    The only earthquake on the web which I had observed was last year when thousands of websites including Wikipedia, Reddit, Mozzilla, protested against SOPA/PIPA Act in USA and they made their website black out entire for 1 day on Jan 18th 2012. Those 3 days were really terrible for Internet microblogging website twitter was get thrased with SOPA/PIPA protestants. Facebook also conducted a live program for protesting SOPA/PIPA. Google made it's doodle black for entire day at USA. So, in short SOPA/PIPA was threat for internet freedom and was observed as black day for 24 hours.

Bishes :
    It means the earthquakes do take place on the web but the frequency is low. I think earthquakes on the web are not as harmful as the physical earthquake. I knew about real life and reel life, real world and virtual world and now real earthquake and virtual earthquake on the web is also a reality. I am waiting for laws to discipline the internet websites and users so that only good contents makes round of the world wide web.

Regards,
    Ashok Goyal

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.