You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

A new definition of Travel/Tourism : Adventure tourism.

Do you think the meaning of travel and tourism has changed over the years?
    There was a time when travelling to a place meant site seeing, relaxing, romancing with the nature, spending quality time with family and friends and understanding different culture; but is it still the same?

Now a days people are more interested in adventure tourism than a mere comfy site seeing. Paragliding, skydiving, bungee jumping, boating, rafting, jungle adventure, camping, bonfire, and dancing is the new era meaning of holidaying and travel. Heavy flow of adrenalin in their blood makes them come alive. High risks in adventurous activities give them pleasure. Not even the discomfort involved while travelling with a toddler or travel safety concerns for study abroad students stops this new generation from being adventurous.

May be it depends on personal choice and what type of life we live throughout the year or may be it is just a question of generation gap.

Dear friends, What is it that really stimulates and attracts you: A calm and pleasurable travel with family or an adventurous tourist spot with friends? Do share your opinion here.

(This is a 'TOW entry')
    I have given response to the other thread on what is our travel bucket, that reveals my attachment towards the adventurous travel. Yes there I have given my list as space(which of course cannot be taken as a travel tourism) and Himalayas (definitely this age of mine cannot permit me to attain).

To describe one of my adventurous trip is, I had gone to tirumala in 1991 when there was a heavy flood(even in data 1991 flood is described as heavy) by foot path after evening time. Even the footpathers are rare to see and after I reached Kali gopuram, securities stopped me to say it may be difficult to go up but I have planned an Angaprathashnam the next day, I just proceeded which cannot be forget in my whole life time and definitely it took 10 hours to reach the top and done the angaprathashanam too.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

My appreciation to author who is correct in saying that travel and tourism are taken as adventurous by some who has more leisure in their life and yet want to explore new ways of pleasure.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments