You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

2015 Cricket World Cup: post all your views in this one thread

There are multiple threads sprouting in the forum centered on the 2015 Cricket World Cup. It is better if everyone discusses their views in this one thread only, to avoid flooding the forum with repeated discussions on same/similar aspects & thereby overwhelming other interesting forum threads.

So here you can discuss any team's prospects, including that of India, talk about any particular player, etc.
    Hi Vandana Mam,

It is good to have a single thread for ICC Cricket world cup 2015. As you mentioned, there are lot of threads in Forum section about recent cricket world cup in similar topics. Hope members can utilize this thread to post their views and comments about the Cricket world cup events.

I felt the chances of India to win the world cup is reduced very much. The team looks like lost their confidence. There is lot of disturbance among the team players. Many of the players are not physically fit. Indian team some positive momentum to perform well in this world cup.

Whatever happens life should move on...
    Thanks Karthik

Attach animation tag to this thread and keep open till The end of the world cup 2015, 10 days to go for World cricket war 2015.
    Prasanna
    Well done is better than well said

India loss again its warm up match with Australia. Let's see what happen with Afghanistan warm up match.
    Prasanna

I think India is following the trend of going into a world cup with not-so-great recent form. However, as in 2003 and 2011 Cricket World Cups, India will once again peak at the right time. It is not easy to stay fit and motivated after playing in a foreign country for 3 long months.

The format of the 2015 Cricket World Cup will give India enough time to recuperate and come back to their winning ways. I am confident about the talent we possess and I know these guys will deliver (like they have done in several ICC tournaments in the past). We need to have patience with our team which will easily make it to the Quarter Finals of 2015 CWC tournament. After that stage, it is just a matter of having 3 good matches and the World Cup will remain ours. However, I am just expecting our team to put up a great show on the field, irrespective of the result. Winning the cup would be the perfect icing on cake!

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Bhaktee

Check out the complete flashy schedule for ICC cricket world cup 2015 for india at http://cricruns.com/

Delete Attachment

We may have scored a huge total in the Afghanistan warm up match, but look at how the opponents played. They managed more than 200 runs. Considering they are tagged as "minnows" I really wonder at the ability of our team to defend a high total. As it is the big score was thanks to only 1-2 batsmen.

I won't be surprised if Afghanistan pulls off some spectacular upsets!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I don't think India can pull it off up to the semi finals. They might cross the group stage and even win the quarter finals but afterwards they will get a very strong opposition.

With the current bowling brigade and form, I don't think they even stand a chance against teams like South Africa or Australia. If they wanna defend the title, they should concentrate more on their death bowling.

India Vs Pakistan. We won the match. congratulation to all.
    Prasanna

Today 15th February 2015, India has won the match against Pakistan. Will India continue to play with the same tempo and spirit against South Africa on 22nd February 2015 and win the match?
    No life without Sun

India won against their arch rivals Pakistan in a very comfortable way in their opening fixture. Unlike uncertain twists and turns what we see in the matches between India and Pakistan today India straight away won the match with a good margin of runs easily. The credit of this win goes to all the members of the team. Batsman have shown their worth, bowlers done their good job and fielding excelled and as a whole Indian team reached to the expectations of Indian fans. Congratulations to Dhoni and its team for their great win in their first fixture.

Congratulations to the Indian team for their winning against Pakistan. The credit goes to all the members for their excellent job on the field.

Congrats to Indian team on winning the match against Pakistan and also recording its first victory in the WC series. Continue with the same team spirit and the Cup is ours once again!
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Congrats to TEAM INDIA.......
    Although I didn't think India could win the match after Pakistan's last performance but India won it again and got their form at the right moment especially at the bowling.
    Hope they keep this pace against the big deal South Africa.....Best of luck.....

Yesterday team India defeated Pakistan against 76 runs and we won the match. Winning against Pakistan is like winning the World Cup. Many Pakistanis broke their television sets in agitation. India is sure to win the World Cup trophy if they play in the same spirit. Cheers to all Indian members for winning against Pakistan. Now, next watch is on 22nd Sept 2015 as to how our players will perform against South Africa.

Congrats Team India..... It was an absolute stunner against the arch rivals Pakistan....you really made all of us proud. But more than anything it's the confidence of the players which is going to be boosted. Now they can take on any team because they are so pumped and inspired by this win. And more over the the crowd support was mind boggling!!!! Every department of the game ,we where up to the mark. Virat kohli has really started his journey from top class batsman to a Legend. Now it's all about rising to the occasion..This team has everything needed to defend the world cup. And it's the perfect start. Way to go INDIA...........WE WON'T GIVE IT BACK

To me Pakistan is a depleted side and not won against India even they won the World cup 1992. India have no Chances to win the world cup. Even if they win against SA which they will play on Sunday May be Ajinka rahane may play well in that match. Because Indian players can not be compare to the Australian team. Catch all live action in www.criccircle360.com
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Well played by India against Pakistan. And yet another time, Pakistan's wishes to turn history went into ashes. Amazing that Pakistan has never been able to defeat India in a World-Cup match. Nevertheless, a game is a game and people shouldn't take it so serious that they take to breaking their televisions or having heart attacks, as has been the case for cricket lovers on both sides.
    Success is not granted, it is earned!

Ireland beat West Indies now Bangladesh struggling against Afghanistan. Magic is happening in this world cup. Teams which are considered as under dogs are giving tough competition against top teams. We should careful while playing against teams like Ireland and Scotland.
    They are playing without any fear and with confident. Anything can happen in this world. Lets keep our fingers crossed for next matches.

Whatever happens life should move on...
    Thanks Karthik

Today I was watching the final few overs of match between Afghanisthan and Bangladesh and that was turned to be interesting as Bangladesh has established themselves as the formidable team to reckon with in future and India should not take light of this team in the fixtures to come.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hi everyone,
    Two days ago i have posted article about watching world cup live online in resources sections.
    If anyone checked it out please submit their reviews.
    Thanks.
    Cheering for India
    Shubham

Regards,
    Shubham.

Icompletely agree with Mohanji, even though Bangladesh has been growing but also not forget some stunning performances by the associates nations playing the world cup especially Ireland
    Regards,
    Shubham.

Sometimes cricket is really a funny game. we have seen a lot of breathtaking scenarios in the past world cup, joy, sorrow, agony and everything . This world cup is no different. and as always we roar for our India. and believe that this team has the potential to full fill the dreams of 125 crore people. But nothing is impossible in cricket. and I think even the underdogs like Ireland, Bangladesh has a big role to play.

some web channels and whatsapp messages are saying that the world cup 2015 is fixed and south africa will lift the cup. and it is true till today's match results...but it may be a strange coincedence...
    anyway,take a look at the fixed match results,

14/2: NZ vs SL (NZ)
    Aus vs Eng (Aus)

15/2: RSA vs Zim (RSA)
    Ind vs Pak (Ind)

16/2: Ire vs WI (Ire)

17/2: NZ vs Sco (NZ)

18/2: Ban vs Afg (Ban)

19/2: UAE vs Zim (Zim)

20/2: Nz vs Eng (NZ)

21/2: Pak vs WI (Pak)
    Aus vs Ban (Aus)

22/2: Afg vs SL (SL)
    Ind vs Rsa (RSA)

23/2: Eng vs Sco (Eng)

24/2: WI vs Zim (WI)

25/2: Ire vs UAE (Ire)

26/2: Afg vs Sco (Afg)
    Ban vs Srl (Srl)

27/2: RSA vs WI (RSA)

28/2: NZ vs Aus (Nz)
    Ind vs UAE (Ind)

1/3: Eng vs SL (Eng)
    Pak vs Zim (Pak)

2/3: Ire vs RSA (RSA)

4/3: Pak vs UAE (UAE)
    Aus vs Afg (Aus)

5/3: Ban vs SCO (Ban)

6/3: Ind vs WI (Ind)

7/3: Pak vs RSA (RSA)
    Ire vs Zim (Zim)

8/3: NZ vs Afg (NZ)
    Aus vs SL (Aus)

9/3: Eng vs Ban (Eng)

10/3: Ind vs Ire (Ind)

11/3: SL vs SCO (SL)

12/3: RSA vs UAE (RSA)

13/3: NZ vs Ban (NZ)
    Afg vs Eng (Eng)

14/3: Ind vs Zim (Zim)
    Aus vs Sco (Aus)

15/3: Wi vs UAE (Wi)
    Ire vs Pak

QF 1: NZ vs Ind (Ind)
    QF 2: Aus vs Zim (Aus)
    QF 3: Eng vs RSA (RSA)
    QF 4: SL vs Pak (SL)
    SF 1: Aus vs Ind (Aus)
    SF 2: SL vs RSA (RSA)

Final: Aus vs RSA (RSA)

What happen to astrologer what happen to result. May this prediction write today because till today all the predictions are true but WI win by 160 run over Pakistan. Very funny. Please do not spread such rubbish about WC without verification.
    Prasanna

Today 22nd February, by the game played so far, I am sure, India will win against South Africa. It will be a tough game for South Africa to reach their target of 308 set by India.

What do you say my dear cricket lovers?

No life without Sun

Cricket loving ISC members,
    You did not say anything. What I said has been proved right. India won the match against south Africa today 22nd Feb at Melbourne.

No life without Sun

Proteas tamed by agile Indians.

Kudos to Indian Cricket team for the team effort in winning against South Africa. The margin of win or standing is not the count here. But the turning point of the game, The runout effort from Mohit Singh is commendable and Indians were on the toes. Shikar had a great day at the World cup game. Coming out of a poor form scripted an authoritative century in style.

The masters of fielding were tamed by fielding effort itself a heartening fact. Would you have imagined this from teams of past. Fielders used to wave at the direction of stroke as if directing the ball to boundary. Line and length bowling by rather downplayed department was good to watch. Excepting Rohit every one is chipping in and he won't be lagging behind it's time his bat would talk soon.

Dhoni looked good until now as captain he can heave a sigh of relief as mounting the league phase is for sure and can ring in changes and preserve his treasure if situation warrants beware bench strength is also capable. But tinkering winning combination is not doctors advice.

------------

First of all, my heartiest congratulations to the Indian team for their stupendous win against the S African team today!

Hereinafter, this particular response is addressed to Mr Deepak Sasidharan (#513897) specifically. Of course, other members may righteously infer it the way they want to.

Mr Deepak Sasidharan,

You are a newbie at ISC and it is expected of an established member like me to encourage you by just supporting your views just to keep you hooked on to ISC. I have never supported this attitude throughout my association with ISC. I have always spoken my mind out. Here is something for you.

In the plainest words, never take anything at face value, do not spoil anyone for your personal gains & just be honest to yourself! Use your own good judgement to arrive at any conclusion and face the music if your judgement proves to be wrong.

The data provided by you has been proven wrong by the Indian team today (I did not go through the previous results, so I do not know whether it had already been proved wrong or not).

Well, I have been observing that around 95-98 % of the cricket matches are fixed or spot-fixed. The figure can go north only. From the toss of the coin, to choosing to bat or bowl first, to how many runs should be scored in a particular over/session, to how much should be the final score of the team batting first & so on, has been continuously fixed since 1970's (I can't comment on the era prior to that as I don't have any concrete knowledge about it). The greedy & the needy have always taken a very good advantage of the funniest sport called cricket.

This match-fixing & spot-fixing has been going on in all sorts of cricket, be it domestic/county/test matches/50-50s/20-20s etc , for a veryyy long time and all the boards concerned have been shutting their eyes for .....

But, there have been some exceptions too. The exceptions are the tournaments organized by the ICC. In the tournaments organized by the ICC, not 95-98% matches are fixed. As the country's & team's pride is at stake, only one match per team is allowed (by all the interested & the concerned) to be thrown away by the favorites to the minnows. Want me to substantiate it? I am all game for it!

To conclude, I would like to say that whatever being forwarded @ whatsapp, betfair.com, bet365.com..... is just an advert to draw in the ....... and milk the ....... not just beyond their reach, but beyond their parents', their grandparents' and their great-grandparents' reach too.

It is a very vicious cycle in which our next-generation is being drawn into- the lure of earning easy-money.

So, it is the humblest of my request to you to not post such misinformation anywhere for a better future for our next generation.

Any assumed transgression is being begged for pardon herewith!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

Today, on 22.02.2015 I am glad on two consecutive victories of Indian cricket team over Pakistan and South Africa respectively. As per my personal view, I think India and Australia are most favourite contestant for winning World Cup Trophy. Both Australian and Indian Cricket team has very good batting line-up as well as fielding abilities. But as far as bowling strength is concerned, Australian bowling is much better than Indian side. But being an Indian, my heart is beating only for Indian cricket team. I hope that team India will surely defend his world championship in this world cup.

A commendable start by our team in the World Cup. The most remarkable point to be enjoyed is that we have retained our record with Pakistan and broke Proteas record against us. Feeling confident.
    Thanks
    Suhasini.R

"Stay Hungry, Stay foolish".

superrrrrr

Team India is has done well so far, their win against Pakistan and South Africa is commendable. Hopping that team India will keep the winning streak.

Wishing Team India All the very best for the future matches. Hoping to see the World cup coming to India once again.

Regards ,
    Premila Valsan

As per my response #513026 on this thread which was given before India started its campaign in the Cricket World Cup 2015, I feel extremely glad to have supported my team even when it was not winning. I knew it was just a matter of time and this Indian cricket team has made me prove right. The way they have won both their WC matches against Pakistan and South Africa suggests that Team India is playing top quality cricket in all 3 departments: batting, bowling and fielding. I am sure we will go all the way by displaying even better skills in coming matches of ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.

I have been following all the required details of this World Cup at: Comprehensive Information About ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Tournament

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Bhaktee

What is it?

Yesterday I saw that The player of west Indies had scored double century but today with south Africa he scored no run. that is why the team has to face a sameful defeat.

In this match I want to say that it seems that all players are depended on Chris Gyale in west Indies team. When he was out, all team was out. But it happened since yesterday because before yesterday the team was not depended only on Christ Gyale. The team was independent. When Christ Gyale made double centuar, it was depended on him. So when he was out, all team was out.

I think this kind of feeling is not good for west Indies team.

It is true that Christ Gyale is a good player of this team but success is depended on combined efforts. so in the next match the west Indies team should keep it in its mind.

Thanks & Regards
    Ekta Raikwar

Make each day your masterpiece.

What an easy game for India in Perth against United Arab Emirates (UAE) . I am sure, India will win this match easily.

Update: India won the match . Very great . India moves towards a tough target with easy wins. .

No life without Sun

As far as my expectations are concerned, "India won't give it back". That means, World Cup Trophy will remain in our nation this year as well. Because, the confidence level that India has gained after winning back to back three matches is unbeatable. However, in upcoming match we may face a tough competition with West Indies. But, we need not to worry just because of our young players that are performing quite well in this World Cup.
    I am in full confidence that India is going to win this World Cup again.

With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

Who will win the match today Friday the 6th March 2015? Today, India is playing against West Indies at Perth. What is your accurate prediction? Do you think India will win the match to take a berth in quarter finals from Perth, Or will it lose the match to take another birth to reach quarter finals. .

Rajee,
    Finally India won the match against West Indies, and taken berth for quarter finals from Perth. Thus avoided another birth.

India will be playing against Ireland tomorrow Tuesday the 10th March. . I think India will have an easy win over Ireland. Let us see.

No life without Sun

Wow what a match that was between England and Bangladesh. The way the Bangladesh Batsman and Bowlers displayed their all round attitude I have the fear that the may even pose challenge to even bigger teams in the line up. Congrats to Bangladesh for entering quarters.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Today Tuesday 10th March , India is playing an excellent game. Ireland batted first and scored 259 runs in 49 overs, and set a target of 260 for India.

India batted well with Sikhar dhawan scoring his second century in the world cup match. It is hoped that India will win this match too.

Let us cheer our Indian team, and wish to get the world cup.

No life without Sun

Finally, India won against Ireland by 8 wickets . Ireland 259 in 49 overs. India 260 for 2 in 36.5 overs. It was an excellent game. Hope India will repeat it in quarterfinals, semi final and in the final. Well done Team India
    No life without Sun

India won by 8 wickets and enters in quater final... pakistan also comes in quater finale "Ab maja ayga quater final dekhne me.."
    With regards
    Shivangi Rawal

I think at this time india at a best position.their batting and bolling performance is very good enough.india is already reached in quarter final.untill now they dont lose any match.i think at this time their has a good chance for bring an world cup in india.also that is totaly depends on luck and batting performance of indian batsman.stay in touch with star sports and enjoy the victory.

What a lovely Indian team that emerged victorious against all the teams she faced. Today the match was with Zimbawe. We thought India may not win when Dawan and Rahane could not make the runs. It was Dhoni and Raina who helped India to win by 6 wickets.
    Well done India.

No life without Sun

I did not watch today's match between India and Zimbabwe. It was an interesting match. In this match B talor scored 138 runs and took his team to an honourable total. When Talor was playing it seemed that Zimbabwe will crossed 300 but our bowlers did their work and restrict Zimbabwe 287 runs.

Now our team started playing. Today our openers did not do any remarkable thing. They were out in very little total. Virat Kohli was also fail today. He scored only 38 runs. He did not do some remarkable. Rahane was also out for his short runs. In this way we have lost our four wicket only the score 92. it seemed that we will lose the match.

But today Raina and Dhoni showed their greatness and do their best. Raina made his century and was unbeaten. Dhoni also scored his 85 runs and made India to win this match.

We won this match. We have won our all league matches in this world cup. This is great honour for our country.

Thanks & Regards
    Ekta Raikwar

This team is a perfect winning combination. What a performance by the Team India! and What a match it was! Zimbabwe team really give fight in starting overs but fail to make it in last overs both in batting and balling side. Dhoni has finished the match in his typical style.

Raina's form is welcome side as we are entering into the knockout in next week.
    Today enjoy the victory.

Best of Luck Team India.

Prasanna

good

I think what matters in quarter finals are luck and team's performance in that particular match.South Africa is good on papers but they haven't played even one finals.

In todays match they South Africa won by 9 wickets against Sri lanka but their past will haunt them in future matches.

All the best for unbeaten Indian Cricket Team

#Good to be Good

First Semi finalist South Africa against their victory of Srilanka.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I am sure, the second semi finalist will be our India that is playing well against Bangladesh setting a target of 303 runs. Bangladesh is struggling hard with 139 in 35 overs with a loss of 5 wickets. I am sure India will enter into the semi finals. My advance congratulations to our Indian team. .
    No life without Sun

Yes India entered into semi finals as a second semi finalist. All the best and hearty congratulations to team India.

Also Dhoni made a record of highest catches and stumping in world cup matches and placed in number 1 now.

What a great game of India against Bangladesh. Bangladesh coach was sure of a victory of Bangladesh to reach semi finals. But team India has made Bangladesh to bite the dust by a great victory of 109 runs. Rohit Sharma lead the team to victory despite the loss of Viraat Kholi and Dawan. Great is the Indian Team. I am sure they will reach the finals and hold the cup. Cheers.... cheers.... cheers......
    No life without Sun

Another record flashed on every channel and on line portals that this victory is 100th victory of Captain Dhoni's one days.

Team India is in great spirits and as our Captain Cool has rightly said, we must maintain the momentum and keep playing it simple to retain the cup. I wish our team all the best and hope that they will put in their best in the name of INDIA!
    "It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."- Epictetus

India will be playing against Australia in Semi finals. Poor Pakistan played very badly and lost to Australia in Adelaide, therefore paving way for India to face Australia in the semi-finals.

I think India will have an easy win over Australia in the semi-finals and reach the Finals to hold the cup. Cheers India.........

No life without Sun

I would like to congratulate team India for reaching the semis of the ICC World Cup! I am as much proud of our team India as anybody can get.

Though I would very much love that our team India wins the ICC World Cup 2015, I would like to say that my favorites for the ICC World Cup 2015 winners are the South Africans.

Here is my analogy:-

1. Our team India has won seven matches on the trot till quarters. Supposing that our team India wins the semi finals against Australia & go on to win the World cup, our team India would be winning 9 ICC World cup matches in a row. It does not sit well with the rule of averages- one cannot win all the time. In other words, sometimes you win & sometime you lose. The West Indian team might have won 9 ICC World cup matches in a row when they were invincible way back in 70s/80s and the Aussies might have won the ICC World cup more number of times than any other cricket playing nation, but the circumstances have dramatically changed over the years. It is high time that the South Africans win the ICC World cup.

2. Over the years, all the top test-match playing countries/teams like India, West Indies, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka have won the ICC World cup once or more except the South Africa & the New Zealand. Don't both of them deserve a chance to win the ICC World cup? Sure, both of them do deserve it as both of them have been contributing to the ICC's coffers over the years. It is high time to payback! Though I do not believe in betting, I would still prefer to place my money on the South Africans between the two as they have already lost a match in this ICC World Cup 2015 to the Indians in the league stage.

It would certainly be interesting to know the prediction of the cricket loving & well informed members, pundits, numerologists & astrologers of the ISC about the winner of the ICC World Cup 2015!

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

In today's match between New Zealand and West Indies, New Zealand had set a target of 394 runs, and the West Indies could not reach the target though they played well with sixers and boundaries initially. They lost the game at 250 all out.

Let us see who wins in the match between New Zeland and South Africa.. I am sure, New Zealand and India will make it to reach the finals. I doubt whether India will hold the cup or drop the cup.

No life without Sun

India will definitely win final match. As India is rocking in all the matches, so i am very much sure about winning of India.

and all the credits goes to the great Indian captain Mr. mahendra singh dhoni. he is awesome captain.

As per the Indian cricket teams performance, i must say there is enough chance to win World cup-2015. next coming match on 26th march is going to be more interesting as because it IS semifinal match between India and Australia. and India are the second team to enter the Cricket World Cup 2015 last four stage.

So, just wait for few more days to watch the semifinal match. Both the teams are having quality players. its going to be somewhat tough to win. anyway we hope better for our Indian teams. and we have faith on Mr. M.S.dhoni and his all players.

First of all Thank you for this thread
    It is very cluttered outside but Vandana made ISC clutter free.
    26 is a big day for India and Australia is back with their old trick but this time it won't work because India is in their top form and Glenn Maxwell's words can't even scratch INDIAN TEAM because we are unbeatable.We will answer their questions in semi finals with bat and ball not with tongue.
    Wait Maxwell we are coming to snatch the victory from your [Australia's] hands.

ALL THE BEST FOR INDIAN CRICKET TEAM

#Won'tGiveItBack

#Good to be Good

The 4 best teams have reached the semi finals and it will be very difficult to predict which team will win this time because every team is equal in terms of skills. If we see the performance of Indian team then they have to win the toss and bat first because it will be very difficult to win batting second under lights. We have seen Indian batting struggle against the West Indies bowling in Perth. Therefore, if the Sydney pitch has some bounce then batting first is very important.

Australian team is very strong and they have weakness against spinners only. If the Sydney pitch has some help for spinner then India will favor their chances. In first semi final NZ will have more chances because NZ is playing at their home Ground. If SA's hitters will click then it will be curtains for NZ.

Regards,
    Ajay Gupta

------------------------------------------
    Better thinking for a better tomorrow!
    ------------------------------------------

There are four teams in semi-final. India is one of them. It is going to fight with Australia in Semi-final. Australia is the tofist team in this tournament. It is the greatest team of this tournament. In its league matches it has lost its some matches but it is still a strong team. It is going to fight with India in Semi-final.

India is also a strong team. It has won its all league matches and was on the top position in its group. It has defeated Bangladesh in quarter final.

I think India was fighting with weakest team now. Now it is the test time for India. If it wins with Australia, it will be a greatest team.

If we say about players, all the players of both teams are in good form. They are able to score maximum runs. The bowlers are also in good form. They are able to take wickets. So it will depend on the temper of the players to win or los of the match. Patient will play a great role in this match.

The team whose players will face the stress will win the match and go ahead.

Thanks & Regards
    Ekta Raikwar

India will win against Australia

India says I. New Zeland says Me. Australia says I because it's their own land. South Africa says that they are for the WC.

Members,
    Finally who is that " I" who will win the Cup ? Who is the right chap from INAS (India - New zealand - Australia - South Africa)who will hold the world cup firmly without any slip?

No life without Sun

Rain stopped the first semi final at the 43rd over and hence match turned to be 43 overs match.

Let us see who will win the match.

Now target for NZ is 282 in 43 overs and new D/L target of 298.

What a match! Finally, all dreams of South Africa have been broken. NZ entered into the final of ICC WC 2015. Both teams dropped their tears! South African dropped their tears of disappointment while NZ team celebrated the winning moment with tears of joy. Let's see who will win the next semi-final.
    Jeba.

Not that New Zealand did not bring out their best but the luck factor seemed to be totally against South Africa. The match had a nail biting finish and was worth the semi-finals. While wishing NZ all the best for the finals, hope India will utilize the semi against Australia as their preparation ground for the finals. Buck up team India; It is your turn now!
    "It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."- Epictetus

I think India will win against Australia easily but have a tough time against NZ in final.

Members,
    I formed a good word INAS that accommodated all the four teams that entered the semi-finals. Now S (South Africa)is out and the present word is INA. On 26th March A (Australia)might go off and the word will become IN, , and in the finals N (New Zealand) might go off. Finally I will remain to hold the cup firmly.

No life without Sun

The semi finals between RSA and NZ seems to be a very interesting one and the rain spoiled the luck of RSA. The way devilliers and du plessis played was tremendous. Unfortunately they couldn't enter the finals. As per my observation, both the teams gave their best efforts and a brilliant sport.
    Regards,
    Krishnan R

There is a quote that 'twist of fate is strong' and it is applicable here on two causes.

One is rain that every one knows that it twisted the game's fate.

Another one, South African born Elliot who left SA in 2001 towards his feeling of blocking his path there in international career now knocked out South Africa from the finals and made a record of first time first finalist to WC.

Now move to IND-AUS match
    Australians are open to do sledging and mind game and Indian side has only one plan for that. Beat and Bite
    Because as per my point of view neither Newzealand nor Australia deserve to be the Champion because NEW Zealand played all matches on their soil
    Its only India and South Africa who deserve the cup no SA is no more a part of this WC-15 then only India deserve to win

Regards
    Surbhi Walia
    Barriers and hurdles are the Identification tags of right path

In today's Semi-final match between India and Australia, Australia won the toss and choose to bat. They have scored 328/7 , and set a target of 329 to India to win. will India make good 329. It is a tough target set. Yet, let us hope and pray for Indians.
    No life without Sun

Alas! India lost its grip to hold the WC firmly. Let us hope to get it back in next WC.
    No life without Sun

Today Indian balling was quite bad as well as batting performance of middle order was really bad. No long partnership was made that can flow the game. If Indian team can do good in batting they might be in the wining side.
    Any way game is game.
    Best of luck for future for Indian team .

@Sun

Your acronym INAS had a bad scope and one could judge it earlier too but being nation's love, I did not reveal it.

As per any clearing situation, the extreme sides to go off taking first one from right and then from left. So both S and I goes off and remaining with NA which says not available for the clearing process and hence we have to keep the fingers crossed to see who will hold the cup.

(Also if we apply that theory that is clearing first from the right, let A to go out and N to hold the cup for the first time of its history).

Now my prayers are with New Zealand. Not because I am an admirer of that team but because I do not want to see Australia lifting the World Cup. Australia is the most indecent team, both on and off field!

Members,
    Let us predict the winner of the world cup. What is your prediction? Also justify your prediction.

With your prediction, indicate the score too. The member who predicts the nearest accurate score will get sun's flower gift.

Members, Let us enjoy this world cup cricket at ISC.

No life without Sun

First of all, my heartiest congratulations to the all team for their stupendous win .

Hereinafter, this particular response is addressed to Mr Deepak Sasidharan (#513897) specifically. Of course, other members may righteously infer it the way they want to.

Mr Deepak Sasidharan,

You are a newbie at ISC and it is expected of an established member like me to encourage you by just supporting your views just to keep you hooked on to ISC. I have never supported this attitude throughout my association with ISC. I have always spoken my mind out. Here is something for you.

In the plainest words, never take anything at face value, do not spoil anyone for your personal gains & just be honest to yourself! Use your own good judgement to arrive at any conclusion and face the music if your judgement proves to be wrong.

The data provided by you has been proven wrong by the Indian team today (I did not go through the previous results, so I do not know whether it had already been proved wrong or not).

Well, I have been observing that around 95-98 % of the cricket matches are fixed or spot-fixed. The figure can go north only. From the toss of the coin, to choosing to bat or bowl first, to how many runs should be scored in a particular over/session, to how much should be the final score of the team batting first & so on, has been continuously fixed since 1970's (I can't comment on the era prior to that as I don't have any concrete knowledge about it). The greedy & the needy have always taken a very good advantage of the funniest sport called cricket.

At 12.43 hrs, New Zealand were stumped out for 180 in 45 overs in the finals against Australia. To be frank, everyone wanted NZ to be the winner of the WC this time for two reasons. Since Indian team is not in the fray, we have to support some other one. Australians have no reputation for displaying sportive spirit and unpopular for sledging.

So, let us hope that the Kiwi bowlers would display their talent to bowl out Australia for 175 and lift the cup!

Regards,
    Jagdish

At last, Australia won the final by 7 wickets and took away the prestigious world cup. Let us congratulate Australian team and take rest until next world cup.

This is time to lock this thread as we have nothing to discuss about WC.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments