You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How to manage time with cricket world cup and examination?

Both education and entertainment are essential for us. We cannot neglect any one of them. We are excited to see world cup matches but we all are feeling little worries to know that almost all examinations in India will be held in February to March, for example central Board of secondary Education (CBSE) examinations. Therefore, it may create few problems for the cricket lover to manage time for their child. Share your advices to parents and students for managing time for entertainment and examination
    Hi Phagu Mahato,

Exams are very important for anyone when compared to cricket match for anyone. Exams decide the fate of our life not cricket. I agree that entertainment also important for us but not under the risk of our education. Parents and Students should give preference to exams compared to cricket.
    Parents should sacrifice watching the match to give time for their children to prepare for the exams. We can watch cricket whenever we want. I also think world cup match won't affect exams much as most of the India's match falls on weekends.

Whatever happens life should move on...
    Thanks Karthik

hello Mahato,

I have faced this type of problems, while I am a student. Now days, education is most important thing. We can not survive in this world without the education. So, according to my point of view, if you want a good career then you have to go for your exam study.

But in other point of view, entertainment is also the part of our life. We have to do some entertainment with our study for mind relaxation. So, you have to manage your time according to the examination dates.

^^^^^^^^^

We all need entertainment. True. But exams, especially board exams are way more important than World Cup Cricket or any other entertainment for that matter. Entertainment is required to refresh ourselves after hard work so that we can work harder after getting refreshed.

Students appearing in the board exam should catch up some action of the game everyday so that know about the scores. At dinner time they can tune into a news channel where they summarize the play of the day. This will both entertain and refresh them.

Regards,
    Runa N. Borah.

I think, it is important to give attention and priority to the studies and examination. Cricket matches are held throughout the year. One can see the replay of the matches after the match is over. But, the marks scored in the examination play an important role in the career. If the students give poor performance in exam, they will regret for it throughout the life. So, first studies, then anything else.

However, it you want to watch 1-2 match, then prepare for the subject well in advance, so that you are able to take out time to watch match. But, they should remember that it should not affect the health and preparation for exams.

Regards,
    Madhvee

Just watch the matches in which you are interested. See that big companies are earning huge money with cricket and if you deviate from the exams, you are giving them chance to increase their TRP and hence money as well. You and every one study for money at the end.
    So they are spoiling your time and eventually your money which you may earn in future if you give your best performance in the exams.

Please watch only matches which are important to you and not all the matches. Just have an update from the mobile apps, etc.

I strongly feel that for the students preparing and appearing for exams is the prime object and other things are secondary to them. No doubt world cup cricket has started and we can always watch the matches later date from the internet recordings. But studies cannot be postponed or we can take chance of fulfilling afterwards. So till the exams are over students should not disturb or distract themselves with the cricket score or its news. Come out of exam with flying colors and enjoy each and every match recordings which are available on the internet.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is my advice for the author of the thread to pick one from the two issues at hand. Is either he choose his examinations or to watch the cricket world cup.
    My sincere advice is that you should concentrate on your exams as this will defined your future rather than watching cricket matches which is temporary.
    When you missed the cricket matches, you can still watch it online or through the local television but when you failed your exams, it means you will not be promoted and your future will be blink.

Adesola Adeyeye

As mentioned earlier, please watch only those matches in which your interest lies as no one can put down their interest, if did, results is tension and headache.

So take your own time to watch the really good matches that suits you best and other you can subscribe to updates through e-mail, sms, etc.

One of the main drawback of watching matches is that even in you study tine with friends, you intent to start and repeats the same match with your friends by recapturing the scenes and highlights which makes the whole day including your pre set studying time to waste and so strongly recommend you to focus on studies.

Your study and examination is the lifeline for your life. So concentrate in your studies than watching cricket. When you are tired of books, you can just have a glance at the bat and ball to get refreshed. Examination is your future, cricket is a time pass. So decide and act whether you are interested in your life, or waste time in unwanted unfruitful activities.
    No life without Sun

Please manage time and watching cricket effectively.

Take a piece of paper and write your time table like you do it in school times.

Also try not to watch whole match, but watch only the highlights after the end of the match will will give you the glimpse of the total match in one go.

Also avoid talking about the same match that you have watched with your friend, if done the discussion will end up taking a huge amount of time and you loose a precious time in this season of examination.

I was quite taken aback by this confusion over managing time between cricket and exams. It is not that a student should not be watching cricket, especially when it is a World Cup match, but the confusion, I feel, needs to be looked into seriously. If a student does not understand the importance of exams and the impact it has in his future, I fear the whole exercise of putting him through the process of schooling becomes almost futile.

Has technological developments taken away our prudence to decide upon our priorities? Do we have to ask somebody to decide what we should be doing in such a situation? If that be the case, what is the purpose of education?

I know that the author is asking a general question, but the very thought is, according to me, not a healthy trend. A student should be concerned about his studies first and everything, except for unfortunate incident, should simply follow. Exams should be taken as a once in a life time opportunity and students must understand that every moment they loss during studies is a precious moment lost in their journey of life.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."- Epictetus

World Cup fever has gripped the city and students appearing for the Board exams are no different. No doubt cricket mania is everywhere, but students appearing for their boards are in a dilemma, whether to choose revisions or watch the matches. The Pioneer talked with some young cricket aficionados to know about their first choice and balancing their schedule.

Bhavesh Verma of St Paul Senior Secondary School, who will be appearing for the class 12th boards, says, "World cup is a major distraction and I am in a fix. If exams and world cup would have been timed appropriately, I would have seen every match ball by ball. Most of the matches are being telecasted early in the day just at the time of our examination. We are really sad as we do not have any choice."

Tanmay Batham of the same school has made a provision on his smart phone to watch minute to minute updates with a promise to his mother that he will not let his studies get affected. "As I have not been permitted to watch TV therefore, I have asked for permission to at least see the score on my smart phone. My mother agreed to this only condition that I will not disturb my study schedule," he added laughingly.

Unhappy with the timing of world cup matches Suraj Kumar of class 10th, said, "This is the worst time for the world cup to begin. It happens once in four years and I don't want to miss it, but I also want to perform well in board examinations therefore, I will watch the highlights once I am through with my exams."

Even the girls are equally enthusiastic about world cup but at the same time, they feel that it is making a lot of distraction in their studies. Bhawna Sharma, grade 10th from St Montfort School said, "Had the world cup being played in any other month, I would have watched the series especially when India is playing. But I feel boards are the first priority so handling all kinds of distractions somehow I manage to concentrate on my studies."

Aditi Sachdev, class 12th from St Theresa's Girls school, said, "World cup is something that no one would like to miss especially when India is playing. But for us board exams matter a lot as they cannot be neglected. I have downloaded few apps with which I will be updated with scores and other match highlights."

Parents on the other hand are trying all possible ways to keep their wards away from cricket fever but some students are really advanced. Anand Kulshreshtha of class 10th asked his father to record the matches on Tata Sky HD record service so that he can watch them all with a relaxed mood.

The world cup schedule colliding with board examination is nothing less than a tragedy for the young cricket enthusiasts. Yet some have managed to watch score on their smart phones while some have adopted other ways to remain update and concentrate on exam preparations understanding the importance of boards.

• Sign In to post your comments