You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do the members go through the content before responding?

In forum section, I found that some of the responses by the members suggest that they have not gone through the content of the forum thread. Probably they just read the title or few lines of the content and respond in their own way. Whenever one is responding, it is essential that they go through the content completely and the responses already posted and then respond. This will ensure a good and learned responses and useful discussion may follow.
    I agree with your suggestion that it is necessary to go through the content of the thread before responding it. If members do this, it will be a good way of responding to any thread. Members who is going to respond to a thread should read all the responses posted already. If this happens, it will be a good discussion. I think there are many members who follow this rule but there are a few who do not follow this rule. I think members who do not follow this rule and respond without reading the content of the thread and other responses posted already should read them before responding for a fair and good discussion. If members do not do so, their responses may differ and sometimes your response may be the repeating of other responses posted already.
    Thanks & Regards
    Ekta Raikwar

Make each day your masterpiece.

Those who love to participate in forum actively will have this point in mind always and some times even as a response we would have told the other persons that they read only the title but with this vast virtual world, we cannot help it as every one is busy participating and also mainly aim in scoring points to validate RSB or adsense.

So may have to go with others who really responded for the actual content or in the direction author expects.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Members normally read the post and react. But sometimes members are not reading what others have said. Sometimes the person who posted himself / herself do not read the responses, but go to new mail.

To get more points, people post and do not wind up or summarize the responses before going to next post.

Very less number of people only go through the responses received to their post and summarize, " that out of seven responses , five appreciate my point. I find substance where others differ with me."

I agree with the author that content must be read by those who are responding to the thread.
    But at times content seem to be little explanation of title which have no added information or added field of topic or covering related to it. So may be in case of direct questions, members decide to go for putting answers.
    That is not wrong also. I think where there is no quality in content and title have more weight-age there it is alright to answer the title.
    I personally recommend if you(reader or any member) are not the first one to respond there you can go through other member's response, may be some good or additional point can be found there.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Yes Chitra, I do lot of reading than writing in ISC and hence members can see many links in my threads as well as in responses from others threads and I feel surely people should take this dimension also from ISC instead of mere scoring points, earning, the reading habit is cultivated.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

This is a point that has been raised and discussed quite a number of times. The fact is that one should respect himself as an author while posting a content in ISC. Points or cash should be treated as an added advantage. One should think whether what he writes satisfies the creator in him. Jotting down a few lines for the sake of it (or for points) should not be the criteria. One must realize that he would be judged by what he writes in this forum. I don't think one can be judged by the number of posts or responses. It is the quality that matters and each member need to be aware of the same.

I totally agree with the author that one should read and understand the thread and all responses before posting a response to a forum thread. Our aim should be a healthy discussion with logical and meaningful points so that ISC can keep its flag flying high.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Concerned members should take care of the same in future. Usually, the new members who are actually new to the forum and also a few members who have a goal to get more points try to touch and comment on every thread without ever reading the description or without even having enough knowledge on a subject. Such point will not help the members to make a good image in the forum and chances will be when even a good thread 'authored' by such member will be ignored by many, considering he/she does not sum up good thoughts.

Also, I feel we should either stay away from the thread or hit the 'Subscribe' button on the thread in case we do not have enough knowledge on the topic and really want to gain some from responses by other members.

Most of the members are going to see each-other every now and then for a long term in forum, so members must behave and practice basic ethics of forum.

Regards,
    Ank Arya

"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth"

Glad the author raised this point or issue in this forum. It is very sad that majority of responses attached to threads are not very necessary and does not solve the author's question in the thread.
    My sincere advice is that members should try as much as possible to respond to threads they have good answers or response to. It is not just good posting responses that are not in line with the thread because it will throw both author and the thread off.

Adesola Adeyeye

I blame the authors in this regard. If they cannot connect the heading and the content for which they are seeking inclusive participation of members with their interaction, then the whole exercise has no meaning.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr Mohan , why blame the authors? It is a fact that many of the members including some senior members at times, are not going through the content of the thread.
    If the heading and the content are not connected, why any one respond to them? My appeal is that every member before responding should go through the content and the responses already posted.

" Be Good and Do Good "

Yes, majority of members don't bother to read the thread's text at all. What is the query asked, let's say, about ISC and what is answered has no connection whatsoever! Even some topic is put forth for discussion and some totally third dimensional track is the path taken in some of the responses.

As for #519980 where the thread's author is blamed - well, why to answer at all if you don't understand in the first place what the author is saying?!! Just stay away from that thread. Is that too difficult?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Yes the members respond just on the basis of Title of the Forum whereas the principle should be:
    Look before you Leap.
    Think before you Speak.
    Listen and Read before you React.

I believe that no one can not solve any problem without understanding the problem and similarly forum discussion becomes irrelevant without understanding the underlined topic of discussion.

Regards,
    Ashok Goyal

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.