You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

How many of you prefer old songs over the new ones?

As the saying goes, old is gold. My parents often tell me that the old songs were very beautiful and it was nice to listen to them. Some of the old songs I find boring but some are really touching and soft unlike the current hip hop, dj music. But the current generations have become so habitual to the fast track dj music, loud music that they tend to forget the old golden songs.
    What are your views about this? Which according to you have been the classic songs-it can be of present or past or both.
    There is a saying 'old is gold'. It become true in the case of cine songs also. All old songs are just remembered by lines and the name of the film and actors are coming into our thoughts immediately on hearing the humming of the cine songs. Even some of my friends tells the costumes worn by the actors during the songs. But nowadays the film name, actor's name,songs are not easily remembered.

Some of my favorite old Bollywood songs are as follows -
    1. Dil dhoondta hai phir wahi fursat ke raat din (Mausam).
    2. Chand phir nikla (Paying Guest).
    3. Dekha ek khwab (Silsila).
    4. Is mod se jaate hai (Aandhi).
    5. Naam goom jayega (Kinara).
    6. Man tadapat hari darsan ko aaj (Baiju Bawra).
    7. Yeh zindagii usiki hai, jo kisi kaa ho gayaa (Anarkali).
    8. Chandan sa badan chanchal chitavan (Saraswati Chandra).

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The old song have meaning full lyrics, and total mechanical instruments musics and natural voice of artists. the new song dont have good lyrics and the voices are also modified with new digital device.
    most of the new songs are copy of old songs , if you see new bollywood movies it contains atleast one remix old song.
    The conclusion is that old song are better than new songs.

Those who have listened to the old songs of any language for that matter, surely like them for its rich lyric, soulful music and above all the songs connect to our personal life some where are the other. For example if some one is chain smoker and spends more on puffing, he must listen " Zindagi ko duven mein udatha chalagaya, har fikr to duven me udhatha chalagaya , barbathiyon ka jasn mana tha chalagaya" if this song is listened by the smokers, surely they will get rid of it. I do not think the present songs have this capacity. Likewise some songs give the meaning of life. In one of the Telugu song the lyric says " Anubhandham aathmiyatha anthaa oka bhuthakam , aathma trupthikay manushulu aduthanay nattakkam, vintha natakkkam. Meaning we the people are playing the drama in life just to please others and in actual sense we wont like them.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Some of the old songs i really like. But why i don't know why. I just listen and feel music.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

How come the content Developer Padmini is pulling old threads and answering ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.