You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

31st May - World No Tobacco Day

31st May is World No Tobacco Day. While every day should be a no tobacco day, due to the severe harm it does, this global day is an alert & warning to the harmful effects of consuming tobacco in any form. We have had quite a few good threads with suggestions & advice on giving up smoking. Let's hope the smokers pay heed to them:

1. Yes, we can quit smoking!

2. Why does the youth fall into a habit of smoking?

The image attachment below is a poster distributed by the Indian Dental Association (IDA). The caption below it, which says 'Turn Things Around', is one captured by me of an advertisement outside a garments shop. I thought the caption appropriate to go along with the poster - Quit the habit. Turn Things Around.

World No Tobacco Day poster
    Today is world no tobacco day, yet you will find many people smoking. Smoking has become so common that even school children and college going students are addicted to it, they know the impact on their health though. Instead of just making one day as No Tobacco day, it would be better if tobacco itself is banned. At least then, we can find some improvement.

Forum editors are requested to lock this thread since I had not seen that a thread was already posted on this. My apologies for the oversight.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.